What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with javascript after updating

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I updated my IOS, I am having problems everywhere with JavaScript. It's just not working. I get JavaScript Execution exceeded timeout in the debug console. Has anyone else had this problem? I am regretting updating altogether. Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problems here.

Try going to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data, and deleting all the databases there.

The other usual fixes might be worth trying as well, if you haven't done so.

------------------------------
When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.
If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
W

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for this. It seems to have done the trick, but as a matter of interest, where is the home button?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The big round button on the front of your iPad, you can't confuse it with any other buttons as its the only one on the front.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts