What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with iPhoto

dwasse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
've just purchased this app for my iPad 2. It appears to be very unstable, crashing constantly and , on a couple of occasions, freezing my screen, requiring a re-boot. Deleted it and re-installed but same problem. Disappointing for a $5 app. Has anyone had a similar experience or is it just me? It seems to have some fans on-line and perhaps works better on the new iPad.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dwasse said:
've just purchased this app for my iPad 2. It appears to be very unstable, crashing constantly and , on a couple of occasions, freezing my screen, requiring a re-boot. Deleted it and re-installed but same problem. Disappointing for a $5 app. Has anyone had a similar experience or is it just me? It seems to have some fans on-line and perhaps works better on the new iPad.

How many background apps hiding in the task bar? Shut those puppies down and restart the iPad. You should see marked performance improvement.

I run it on the new iPad with no background apps lingering and there are times when it is sluggish but never crashes or freezes. It is likely one of the most processor intensive apps out there. To be honest I use photo toaster almost exclusively anymore and find it more user friendly, just as powerful (less the organizing tools in iPhoto) and very responsive.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there-I see that Midranger has already started to give you good advice here. Hope you can get this sorted.

I am curios to know what version you are running on your ipad2 at this time? Check to see your version by going to iPad settings/Heneral/about. The current iOS is 5.1. Do you have this?

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Most reactions

Latest posts