What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with ipad mini after 8.0.2 update

scrabble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good morning:

I undated my Apple ipad mini and regular size ipad over the weekend to IOS 8.0.2 and I have been using the mini since that time, and my ipad mini is extremely slow and gets hung up and also seems to freeze on me.:( I never had any problems with it before this recent upgrade since it was purchased in May 2013. Can someone please help, with easy to follow instructions, as I am not tech-minded? Anyway to fix this, or is it possible to revert back to 7. Thanks very much.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not possible to revert to iOS 7.1.2 any more.

Maybe resetting your device will help: press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Release bot buttons and let the iPad power up. If it doesn't help at first, reset for a second and/or third time.

It resetting doesn't improve the iPad's performance, back it up and restore it using iTunes on your computer. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Last edited:
OP
S

scrabble

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Maybe resetting your device will help: press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Release bot buttons and let the iPad power up. If it doesn't help at first, reset for a second and/or third time.

It resetting doesn't improve the iPad's performance, back it up and restore it using iTunes on your computer. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

OP
S

scrabble

iPF Noob
Reaction score

OP
S

scrabble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I have tried pressing home and power buttons at the same time several times but my ipad is still very slow and it did not help.:( I am receiving a message from my computer desktop that there is an icloud update available from iTunes - should I update my computer? And perhaps that would help with my ipads? Thank you very much. I am not a tech minded user, so I really appreciate your kind assistance.:)

OP
S

scrabble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Afterthought, please. I am not tech-minded, and I wanted to ask you if it is difficult to back up my ipad and restore it using itunes on my computer? Also Is there easy step by step instructions to follow? Thank you every so much for your help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Afterthought, please. I am not tech-minded, and I wanted to ask you if it is difficult to back up my ipad and restore it using itunes on my computer? Also Is there easy step by step instructions to follow? Thank you every so much for your help.
It's in my first reply. :)
Tap the link, it will lead you to the instructions.
Here's the link once more: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

OP
S

scrabble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry. Thank you, should I do the Apple Software icloud upgrade on my desktop which is " icloud for windows 4"?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry. Thank you, should I do the Apple Software icloud upgrade on my desktop which is " icloud for windows 4"?
Of course, if you use iCloud on your PC. You're able to use iCloud Drive as well, if you don't have a Mac. Enable it when all your iDevices (iPads, iPhones, iPods) are up to date.

Most reactions