1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

problems with ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Fifi1992, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Fifi1992

Fifi1992 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    im seeing alot of people complaining about the ipad they had to choose looks like some of them compromised when they picked up their ipad like one lady said she wanted verizion 3g did not get it. and one wanted 3g and best buy did not have any 3gs in stock? is this true?
  2. freebirdforever

freebirdforever iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    depends on where you are at. -shrug- most people should have figured this would happen.
  3. jcherepy

jcherepy iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One Best Buy I stopped at (Loganville, GA) had NO 3G models.

Several folks in line with me at the Best Buy in Athens, GA said they checked with several Walmarts and they all only had 5 in stock and no 3G models.
  4. qnet

qnet iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm glad I ordered online, that's kind of what happened to me when I bought the 1st gen Ipad. I might have to wait a little but, got exactly what I wanted this time.
  5. elgerber

elgerber iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It did happen to me. I wanted 64gb wi-fi, but they were gone by the time I got to the front of the line. I was 119th in line at the Apple Store. I either would have had to downgrade to 32gb, or get the 3g, and I had to decide quickly, so I got the 64gb 3g. Not the end of the world, but I wasn't planning to spend the extra $130.
  6. llhgrey

llhgrey iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I talked with an AT&T person here in southwest Ohio and there was a stock issue and they did not receive any iPads at any of the local stores. Verizon Wireless informed me that they received very few iPads - they only had one 64GB 3G in white. Not sure what the Apple Store had. I ordered my 64GB 3G online this morning.
  7. Tarkio

Tarkio iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Apple Store I went to in Boston had hundreds, all varieties and carriers. I traded an hour and a half in line to get the ipad2, in the exact version I wanted, weeks before waiting for an online purchase. It was clear to me that Apple would keep the bulk of inventory for their own stores.

The ipad2 is a nice update over the original and worth the wait that many will endure.
  8. the_john

the_john iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was at both stores. Where were you in line at the Athens store? I was second in line.
  9. Futurebird

Futurebird iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I think that was me. That happened becuase I assumed that I would "set up" the provider once home-- there was nothing in the store to indicate that it was verizon. Just a tiny line of text on the box.

Though I'm now hearing that Verizon might be better anyway. (They are horrible home internet providers, but the people with the mobile service seem to like it...) So, I'm quite happy.

I've never bought an item on the first day before, but this was a lot of fun!

It's silly, but even waiting in line was fun since everyone was chatting and having a good time.

(except for this one idiot who tried to cut in the line)
  10. Fifi1992

Fifi1992 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i also ordered online and got what i wanted. i will receive it sometime between next thrusday, friday, or march 21st monday at the latest.
  11. Futurebird

Futurebird iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got my first iPad without 3G and I regretted it. I think you'll like it. You can turn it on when you need it so it's not so bad.
  12. White ipad2

White ipad2 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got my iPad2 I should make a new name because they didn't have any white 32 gb AT&T I was pissed so I had to get black and I sure wasn't leaving empty handed after 9 hours of waiting
  13. Futurebird

Futurebird iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That sucks!

But look at it this way: movies and photos look much better on the black one.

:)
  14. dmaul1114

dmaul1114 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Same here.

Not worth waiting in line and maybe not getting the model you want.

And it was bound to happen this time with them having 18 different models out.

I avoided the headache and have a March 18-25 delivery date on the model I wanted (black 32 gb wifi).
  15. elgerber

elgerber iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yeah, I am ok with it now. It was just the extra money on a moments notice. But I am ecstatic to have it and as long as I got the 64 I am cool!!!

On a side note we went to the auto show today and several of the auto companies were using iPads for their information displays. It was very cool.
  16. Mtnmedic

Mtnmedic iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    After reading this thread, I can't be sure we can call this "problems with the iPad" so much as it SHOULD be called "problems with the buyer." If it's not what you REALLY want, why settle for less when you KNOW you can get exactly what you want with a little patience?

Sure, I'm not getting my iPad for a couple of weeks but I DO know when I get it, it's exactly what I wanted: black 64GB with AT&T 3G. Straight from Apple. And I'll be happy, crappy rear facing camera or not. :)

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF
  17. dmaul1114

dmaul1114 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Yeah, I ordered online so I could get the model I wanted with out waiting in line and hoping they had it left etc. Should be here on Thursday per the tracking info.
  18. Jman09

Jman09 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Target I work at just happened to get only five of the model I wanted, so I got it. But if we didn't then I would have waited until we did.
  19. obxboy

obxboy iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I arrived at my local Best Buy at 4:50PM last Friday and found a long line ahead of me. A BB staffer asked which model I wanted and gave me a what I thought was a flyer until I looked closely and saw the model I requested was highlighted. I asked for a WiFi 64GB (have a MiFi). At that point, they had no more white models at 64GB. They appeared to have plenty at 16 & 32, both WiFi & 3G. Everyone on my line was able to buy one.

My beef was the total lack of accessories. Sorry, but I don't find Apple's cover all that smart. I wish there was at least one quality case in store on the release day.
  20. bored2426

bored2426 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went to wal mart and got the 32 GB black. It was exactly what I wanted. I'm impatient and could not wait for the iPad to come in the mail.