What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problems with IPAD 2 Phone Booth

Hutter13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello,

I tried to restart the app and also to reset the IPAD but nothing worked to stop the curtain in phone booth from a
continuous loop. Does anyone know how to fix this?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there-welcome!

Have you tried to close the phone booth app? If you haven't yet, press the home button twice to bring up the multi-task bar. There, you will see all the apps open. Long press your app until OT shakes and a red circle appears. Press that to close the app.

Relaunch the app and see if that helps. Let us know if that doesn't help.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad (original-New), Acessories, Apps, Help, and Apple News.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

OP
H

Hutter13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dd try that with no luck...any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The next steps to solve a problem is a restart and if that doesn't work a reset should fix it. When I say a reset, don't be alarmed this step is akin to rebooting a computer and will not change anything on your iPad.

Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running well. Now see if it is operating.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. Hopefully your problem will now be fixed but let us know how you do.

2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html

Enjoy!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I'm pretty stumped on this one, those steps would normally fix an app misbehaving. The only place I can think of an indirect setting for photo booth is through the Restrictions tab, when the camera is restricted it also restricts photo booth, but the icon will then disappear. I'm hoping someone else knows more on this issue. In the meantime I would try another reset, I once had a problem with the zoom feature and I had to reset 4 times before it stopped.

I really hope it is photo booth you are speaking of here too, as I assume it's an auto correct that you have phone booth.

Last edited:
OP
H

Hutter13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
phone booth AND camera

hi,

thanks for trying!! I am actually having problems with both my IPAD 2 camera AND the phone booth. Neither is working properly.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi,

thanks for trying!! I am actually having problems with both my IPAD 2 camera AND the phone booth. Neither is working properly.

Hutter--I suggest that you make an appointment with a Genius or contact their Customer Care and Support number. Given the immediate fixes that both Leelai and I have provided, seems to me that you need to have somebody look at it. Let us know what comes about it.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you do go to Apple, make sure you have done a complete backup first. The next logical step is a restore.
But as your camera is also not working properly, this could be a hardware issue. Good luck and yes, let us know what happens.

Most reactions

Latest posts