What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with games

Beverley Fear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am new to the forum and have had a quick look for my problem. Has anyone else had probs with Big Fish games? I have never had trouble before but since upgrading to IOS 7 on my Ipad3 I can't open a game. It seems to download ok but when I click on it to open it it just goes back to home screen. Can anyone help please!!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Beverley,

I've seen your other post concerning your problems with Candy Crush. Just wondering if this is the game you're speaking of here. If so, we would really rather you ask further questions in that other thread, just so all info is kept to the one thread according to our Rules.

Whenever the iPad is upgraded to a new OS all apps also need to be updated to run on the new system and sadly Developers don't always get it right the first time and then another update needs to be applied. All this does take some time and getting in touch with the Dev is a good way to go, just so they know what problems there are.

Whenever you experience trouble with an app and this one does appear to be crashing for some reason, it is a good idea to close it completely and then relaunch it. Just in case you do not know how, double press the home button or do the 4 finger swipe up to access your Multi task bar, then swipe up on the thumbnail of your app above the icon and this will close it. Now relaunch the app and see how you go, if no joy, try a restart.

Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running well. Now see if it is operating.

And lastly a reset. It's always a good idea to reset your iPad after it receives an update just to help everything settle in nicely.
Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Try these steps.....if you are still experiencing trouble it would point to the app having a problem and not your iPad. You can try deleting the app and reinstalling it also. Let us know how you go.

OP
B

Beverley Fear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi yes thank you. I have tried everything what you have suggested. I have sent the Devs a message voicing my concerns. Sorry I posted in the wrong section but am finding it difficult to find my way around lol

Most reactions

Latest posts