What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problems with downloading photos

treeguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried several times through i tunes to download pictures onto the ipad, which goes o.k. However, I am not sure how to organize them in each folder. I would like to change the order they are in each folder. Now, when I go back to my pc, and try to dowload another set of pictures from my pc, through itunes into the ipad, I loose everything I had in the ipad to begin with. I also bought the sim card and usb adaptor. The message on the adaptor for the usb says there is not enough power to support. I was able to download from the sim card into the ipad, but, once again, every picture I had in the ipad, once again disappeared. Not sure what I am doing wrong. If anyone has ideas, please let me know. Thanks.

pastorsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess you mean SD card as sim cards are for phones - and there is no such adaptor. But, every time you synch your iPad to your computer (iTunes) it will synch what you have on your computer to your iPad. You can go into iTunes and set it up for manual synch. Otherwise it will continue this cycle you describe.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not sur what you are trying to use the CC USB adapter with but guessing a card reader. Unless the reader is self powered you won't have much luck. If you are using an SD card the best method is to insert the SD card into the adapter, insert the adapter into the power port of the Ipad (be sure the Ipad is powered on) and it will automatically upload the image files. If, like me, you have a camera with a card other then SD use a mini USB cable (normally one comes with your camera) and connect the camera to the USB adapter, insert the USB adapter into the Ipad's power port and, again, it will automatically upload the image files.

Diane

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
treeguy said:
I have tried several times through i tunes to download pictures onto the ipad, which goes o.k. However, I am not sure how to organize them in each folder. I would like to change the order they are in each folder. Now, when I go back to my pc, and try to dowload another set of pictures from my pc, through itunes into the ipad, I loose everything I had in the ipad to begin with. I also bought the sim card and usb adaptor. The message on the adaptor for the usb says there is not enough power to support. I was able to download from the sim card into the ipad, but, once again, every picture I had in the ipad, once again disappeared. Not sure what I am doing wrong. If anyone has ideas, please let me know. Thanks.

I uploaded a thousand pics the other day will all of them numbered starting with #1 and it transferred them all just like I had them numbered and it dosent even show the number under the pic on my iPad....it may have scattered a few but pretty damn close

victor1818

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uploading photos to your ipad

You have to create a folder on your computer and put all the photos you want to download into it. You will then be able to transfer them manualy to your ipad. If you want to add more photos, you have to add them to the folder where your other photos are and they will be added to your ipad. You have to understand that if you delete pictures from that folder, you will lose the ones you have on your ipad, so to sum up, just keep adding photos to that folder and only the new ones you have added will be transfered using itunes.

Victor1818

Most reactions

Latest posts