What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with downloading from IPAD 2

Cisnereal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I live in the Caribbean, in Curacao and I just bought an IPAD 2 today. After registering I wanted to download the so called free I Bookstore, but without succes.
Can anyone tell me what may be the problem?
Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iBooks is a native iPad app and should already be on your Home screen. From that app, you can go to the bookstore and download/purchase books. There's also the free Kindle app available from the iPad's native App Store app. Just open up the App Store and search for 'Kindle' and download the free app - along with a few free books.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
C

Cisnereal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Tim,
Thanks very much for your quick reply. The thing is that on my homescreen I do not have the IBook app strangely enough. When I clicked on Ibooks in the app store, I got a message that I could download it for free. When I went to do that, I had to complete a form where I had to give my credit card information strangely enough. And there everything got stuck. I am taking the Ipad 2 back to the store I bought it today.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is certainly true that not all the iPad's 'stock' apps are provided in every country in which the iPad is sold, though I've not heard of the iBooks app not being installed.

For sure, you need an iTunes account to be able to access the App Store - even for free apps - and that requires either a credit card or an Apple iTunes gift card - i.e. you don't need a credit card necessarily.

If you supply a credit card, Apple charges a small charge to the card - typically $1 or equivalent and then immediately refunds it, to check that the card is valid and authorised to the user. Thereafter, if you only download free apps or books, your card will not be charged.

Tim

ILEIFE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have the same problem downloading on my Ipad2, and when am prompted to to give billing address for credit card, there is no provision for "outside the the United States" (country) so am stuck

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
It is certainly true that not all the iPad's 'stock' apps are provided in every country in which the iPad is sold, though I've not heard of the iBooks app not being installed.

For sure, you need an iTunes account to be able to access the App Store - even for free apps - and that requires either a credit card or an Apple iTunes gift card - i.e. you don't need a credit card necessarily.

If you supply a credit card, Apple charges a small charge to the card - typically $1 or equivalent and then immediately refunds it, to check that the card is valid and authorised to the user. Thereafter, if you only download free apps or books, your card will not be charged.

Tim

I'm from the US and i had to install iBooks. It is NOT a native app. Newsstand is, iBooks is not.

Most reactions