What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with camera connection kit !

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I seem to be lucky...one of my cameras uses a larger card but I can just insert it into a card reader, then into the iPad, which reads the photos just fine.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well this sucks. I FINALLY found a local store that sells the CCK and then I found that the new iOS neuters it.

Thank you Apple....ya morons. :mad:

WIllyB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Annoying, but fixable

Good news!
So as has been previously reported all pictures must reside in the directory DCIM on the memory card. Additionally, the file name must be 8 characters long; No more, and no less. So as an example "PIC00001.jpg" and "PIC12345.jpg" are both proper file names. However "Picture001.jpg" is not and the iPad will not recognize it.

Renaming files can be a pain so on my PC I downloaded a utility called
"Batch Rename .EXE" from Download.com. It worked very well and solved the 8 charater problem for me.

I recommend moving all the original files on you memory card to a directory other than DCIM and letting the Batch Rename .EXE utility both rename and move the newly named files to the DCIM directory.

Works like a charm! Good luck! :)

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
WIllyB said:
Good news!
So as has been previously reported all pictures must reside in the directory DCIM on the memory card. Additionally, the file name must be 8 characters long; No more, and no less. So as an example "PIC00001.jpg" and "PIC12345.jpg" are both proper file names. However "Picture001.jpg" is not and the iPad will not recognize it.

Renaming files can be a pain so on my PC I downloaded a utility called
"Batch Rename .EXE" from Download.com. It worked very well and solved the 8 charater problem for me.

I recommend moving all the original files on you memory card to a directory other than DCIM and letting the Batch Rename .EXE utility both rename and move the newly named files to the DCIM directory.

Works like a charm! Good luck! :)

Excellent report! Thanks for the info.

Most reactions