What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems updating from iOS 6 to iOS 7

ringo1989

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hay.i don't know if you can help me. After updating my iPad from iOS6 to 7. My iPad has been dragging so much that even rebooting takes more than 7 minutes. I did everything even deleted all my 10GB music library. I know have 37.5GB free and it's still bringing the same problem. I can't open any other page except AppStore. My wifi is not responding anymore. Can anyone please help. Sent from my iPad using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How long has it been since you upgraded? Your iPad needs to re index after the upgrade and this can make it run slow for a day or so after the upgrade.

OP
ringo1989

ringo1989

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How long has it been since you upgraded? Your iPad needs to re index after the upgrade and this can make it run slow for a day or so after the upgrade.

It has been almost 3 to 4 weeks. Can it take this long to index?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It has been almost 3 to 4 weeks. Can it take this long to index? Sent from my iPad using iPF
It shouldn't take anywhere near that long.

Have you tried a hard reset? To do so, press and hold both the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons. When the iPad restarts, see if the problem persists.

If that doesn't work, try resetting all settings. To do this go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. This will not erase any data on your iPad. If this doesn't work there is the possibility that your iOS was corrupted during the upgrade.

You may wish to consider a factory reset and a fresh installation of iOS 7.0.4. Download the proper file to your computer and do the restore through iTunes.

To find the proper download for your iPad go to this thread. http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html

BTW, I've also moved these posts to their own thread as they were hijacking an existing thread. Your problem will also receive more attention in the iPad help forum.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts