What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems receiving mail after flying

jelowther

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I fly, I always turn the "Airplane mode to on", as I like to read while flying. Problem is when I get to my destination, I turn the airplane mode to off, but always have problems with my mail. When I join a network, internet is up and running, I get the following message "Cannot get mail. The user name or password for Gmail is incorrect" Now I have never changed anything and is really difficult to get this working. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?
Much appreciated

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jelowther said:
When I fly, I always turn the "Airplane mode to on", as I like to read while flying. Problem is when I get to my destination, I turn the airplane mode to off, but always have problems with my mail. When I join a network, internet is up and running, I get the following message "Cannot get mail. The user name or password for Gmail is incorrect" Now I have never changed anything and is really difficult to get this working. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?
Much appreciated

What do you do to get it going? Do you reset your password?

Jerry_Cobb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. My gmail just stopped working and now wont retrieve messages. my account is fine online but no on the ipad.

Most reactions