What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems downloading apps

giacometi0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this. I bought an IPAD 2 recently and have successfully downloaded a few apps, both free and paying ones. Yesterday I tried to change the primary e-mail address and Apple ID Of my account and hell got loose. It took me a few workarounds to manage to access my account again (my password was not recognised anymore, neither from my ipad, nor from my computer), but finally I managed somehow... not sure how it went, to be honnest, but I do seem to have a working Apple ID, where I can e.g., change my credit card number... Although not my security information for some reason.

But after all that ordeal, now I cannot download any apps, free or paying ones. When I try from the Apple store in my ipad, I get the usual window asking me for the password, it takes it, then I see the icon of the app coming up, and after a second or so it's gone again, without error message.

If anybody has encountered this problem before, I would be thankful for any tips!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One possible fix for this is to go to 'Settings', 'Store' and there log out of your iTunes account and then log-in again. This seems to fix a few problems of this sort.

Tim

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to ipf,

This problem has occurred with me as well. It happened when I tried to log onto another Apple ID - My brothers, as he still had credit available. I ended up having to log out then log back in under settings, store.

I then restarted my iPad by holding down the home and lock keys together till the device reboots. Once that was done, I was able to access both accounts, one at a time, to purchase app of download free apps. No more problems.

Hope this helps,
Chays

OP
G

giacometi0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim, that worked!
I am still finding my way around this thing, I guess there is a learning curve for everything, even for such a user friendly system ;-)
cheers,
Julia

ajwilcox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem. Logging in and out did nothing. Rebooting (How very PC) did not change the state. I have seven apps stuck in Waiting!

ajwilcox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes on PC > Store > Check for available Downloads
And the items I requested on the iPad start downloading to iTunes on the PC.
Now I can sync with the iPad and the apps become available on the iPad.

Tortuos and torture!

Most reactions

Latest posts