What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems downloading apps after OS7 update

fireant2222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated to OS7 today and now I cannot get any apps to download. Just "_____ app cannot be downloaded at this time"

What do I do?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Updated to OS7 today and now I cannot get any apps to download. Just "_____ app cannot be downloaded at this time"

What do I do?
Hello fireant2222, and welcome to the forum. As you are not making an app announcement, I will move your opening thread from iPad App Announcements to the iPad Help sub-forum, where you are more likely to get a response to your issue.
Regards, Andrew

OP
F

fireant2222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello fireant2222, and welcome to the forum. As you are not making an app announcement, I will move your opening thread from iPad App Announcements to the iPad Help sub-forum, where you are more likely to get a response to your issue. Regards, Andrew

Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Try to reset your iPad:
Press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears.

Restart your device:
Turn it off, wait for a few minutes, then turn it on again.

Perhaps something else is blocking the upload. Look for videos, music, ... loading and pause them.

If it's possible, delete the app and reinstall it (in App Store - Purchased).

Go to App Store - Featured, scroll down to your Apple ID and sign out. Then sign in again with your existing Apple ID. Maybe the app will start installing again. If it doesn't, go to App Store - Purchased and install.

If all of these fail, update in iTunes on your computer and sync the apps to your iPad afterwards.

OP
F

fireant2222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Tried them all to no avail. Went into settings->app store and turned on automatic update. Things are back to normal.

Thanks again.

qpci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to see that you solved your problem.

IOS7 downloaded caused the whole system to crash,apps went black/blank and the Internet failed- after much button pressing and rests etc did a total BB shutdown at mains, restarted and rebooted WIFI and BB and all came back late last night. Still have my old Apple ID Applestore App showing despite cancelling and changing to another Apple ID and password assistance pl if you can .... QPCI

Sent from my iPad using iPF

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Settings - iTunes & App Stores tap your (old) Apple ID and sign out.
Then sign in again with your new ID and pw.
If you want to use the same iCloud account (new Apple ID), you'll have to delete this as well (perhaps keep reminders, contacts, ... on your iPad), then set up the new iCloud account and if you kept the (old) iCloud contacts, ... there, merge with the new one.
You will also have to look at FaceTime and Messages. Perhaps you'll have to change something there, too.

Last edited:
OP
F

fireant2222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, i've tried everything. Ios7 has been a nightmare for me. Completely ruined my perception of apple. I sincerely wished i had not updated.

qpci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks JA did as you stated ad it worked for a short while but now I have 18 APPS that are shaded and have the word 'waiting' underneath each one- waiting for what I ask. Been into the app col in settings but no clue there - any ideas pl
QPCI

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks JA did as you stated ad it worked for a short while but now I have 18 APPS that are shaded and have the word 'waiting' underneath each one- waiting for what I ask. Been into the app col in settings but no clue there - any ideas pl
QPCI

If you are not connected to WiFi, then you have to turn cellular data app updating on. If you are under WiFi, then I suggest you click on each app exactly once. This will retry the download.

OP
F

fireant2222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your ideas. I tried each of them but failed each time. I contacted Apple and they advised,

1. Do a back-up
2. Do a complete reset through "Settings" rather than press and hold.

I did this and it appears to have solved the problems for now.

I hope this helps someone else.

Kenneth

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you for your ideas. I tried each of them but failed each time. I contacted Apple and they advised,

1. Do a back-up
2. Do a complete reset through "Settings" rather than press and hold.

I did this and it appears to have solved the problems for now.

I hope this helps someone else.

Kenneth

Hate recommending that solution because of the time it takes to accomplish but it is usually the "just about solve everything".

Most reactions

Latest posts