What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems After Update

Shareece

iPF Noob
Reaction score
..okay, Major updates for iPhone and iPad ! But after update:

On my iPad the sound on some applications don"t play anymore. e.g. Dictionary and audiobooks and games. One App. Is lost also ...

On iPhone the purchased ringtones are not here anymore.

Is any solution available?

Thanks

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No problem! Just synch back to laptop and resynch anything missing. This has happened to quite a few people. Let us know if this works!
Oh and have you checked the mute/lock button? A lot of defaults have changed. It's worth you going into settings - general and checking all of your settings.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
S

Shareece

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer. It doesn't still work! :-(
As I have written sounds of applications don't play anymore. The musik still plays, but e-g. purchased Stories from apple store or my dictionaty are still silent.
Well, maybe I haven't done the steps your write correctly? What ist sync back to laptop? I have a win7 Pc and the latest version of itunes. I connected my iPad to the PC and hit the button Sync (twice). I also de- and reinstalled the damaged programms. But everything is still the same like "after update", and one application on iPad and ringtones on iPhone are stil missing, besides the sound on iPad.

Thanks

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer. It doesn't still work! :-(
As I have written sounds of applications don't play anymore. The musik still plays, but e-g. purchased Stories from apple store or my dictionaty are still silent.
Well, maybe I haven't done the steps your write correctly? What ist sync back to laptop? I have a win7 Pc and the latest version of itunes. I connected my iPad to the PC and hit the button Sync (twice). I also de- and reinstalled the damaged programms. But everything is still the same like "after update", and one application on iPad and ringtones on iPhone are stil missing, besides the sound on iPad.

Thanks
Try resetting (not restarting) your iPad...that's fixed quite a few issues for folks.

• Reset the iPad: You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake button on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process takes a few minutes and then the iPad should be responsive again.

More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was just about to tell her this Rich. You beat me to it! I must be getting slow.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Icetea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update for iPad (1)

I have the first iPad and after reading about the problems with the update......is it worth it?

OP
S

Shareece

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just for info: No solution worked for me, though I reset the device to original settings through Itunes. It works now, but hours of work saving my data .... I it seems the updates aren't really tested on various systems before releasing. My lexicon: NEVER UPDATE AGAIN!

Most reactions