What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with transfering mp4

Troop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is my first post here, I am glad that this exists! I am looking to transfer some .mp4 files from my computer to my Ipad2. I converted all of them. Now I am trying to transfer those files on my Ipad and only some of them work. I have more than enough space for them, I have 16gb available and the files take about 5gb. I tried drag and dropping at first. When I get to some files, I drop them and nothing happens. I then looked for some info online and read about auto syncing, tried it and the same files won't go on the Ipad. I looked at the files info and those that work have the same as those that don't. I am thinking that there might be a time limit on video's? but even then, I tried deleting everything and only putting one file at a time of those that don't work and it still wouldn't transfer. I am up to date for updates with 5.0.1.. There are 148 movies for 13.5 hours, 5.15GB. I think I covered everything here, did this happen to anyone before? any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In itunes click "File" then go to "Add File To Library" or "Add Folder to Library" Add folder works great if you have several movies.

Make sure you are in the "Movies" section in itunes. When finished adding the movies you want in itunes you need to sync your ipad.

OP
T

Troop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried that again and it still only added 50 movie files.

L

Lunar

Just tried that again and it still only added 50 movie files.

50 eh.. how many you trying to put on there...lol... I assume these are small clips your trying to transfer across.

When you click on your iPad device in iTunes click on movies and make sure the clips your'e trying to transfer are all ticked...it sounds like they have not been selected.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
T

Troop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I simply click automatically include and then choose all. But then I tried your way and when I click the checkbox for those that don't work it still doesn't add.... I tried just one clip and it wouldn't transfer.

OP
T

Troop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright fixed it...found another post about it on apple support.

"Have you tried creating an iPhone version through iTunes? i have found that while for all intents and purposes an *.mp4 is in the right format, size and style for the iPhone it still won't sync but have been able to fix this by creating an iPhone version through the iTunes menu."

and that worked for my files that wouldn't copy

Most reactions

Latest posts