What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problem with this site & others on ipad?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to use the file uploader, but as Safari doesn't appear to be working properly for you, you'd be better off using the app. Here's the link, and the link to the tutorial on using the app.

We have our own app, which can be downloaded from the App Store here: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8

Our administrator, Leelai, has written this tutorial for getting the best out of the app. Here is the link: http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Too complicated for me I'm afraid! But thanks anyway. I think I've found the problem anyhow, someone on another forum told me what I'm getting is called a "mobile" version of the websites which has most of the graphics etc removed & has very limited functions. he said some websites have an option to click to reset the page to normal? e reckons its because I've clicked on the "app" option. That sound logical?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you using the IPF App for the iPad?

It will look very different than what you view on the website!

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you using the IPF App for the iPad?

It will look very different than what you view on the website!

Yes, is that the reason? 'cos if I follow a reply link from my email the site opens properly! How can I make an icon to open the site as normal?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yes it does! in ipad & pc!

All you have to do now is bookmark it. To make a home screen bookmark on the iPad, follow the directions in these photos.

image-3942414775.jpg

image-3950368357.jpg

image-1027389983.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts