What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with the ipad after JB .... Need help

yaselmane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Helloz, am new to this, I just got my iPad 2 weeks ago ( iOS 4.2.1 ). When I jail braked it and I started to installing apps and tweaks through cydia, I started facing a problem with the positioning of new windows, for example: when i open the setup ... Mail ... Add account, the window that comes out is positioned to the high left edge and I can't see 80% of it. Is it caused by cydia ??. And how I can fix it. Thx guys :)

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reboot, or respiring should be your first attempt to fix.

what firmware did you jailbreak?

OP
Y

yaselmane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx for the reply, I rebooted the machine many times and still the same problem. It is 4.2.1, I read somewhere in this forum that it could be because of sbsetting, so I deleted it and rebooted and also nothing happened ...... :(

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do you know if that iPad was jailbroken before?

what shsh blobs do you have saved?

did you ever use tiny umbrella(known as TU)?

when you open cydia on your iPad, what does the green letters read out?
cydia-saved-shsh-blobs.jpg

OP
Y

yaselmane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx for ur help :) .This is the first time to jailbreak it. I don't remember using the umbrella thing. For the green letters, it's written: 4.3.5. .. So, what does means

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx for ur help :) .This is the first time to jailbreak it. I don't remember using the umbrella thing. For the green letters, it's written: 4.3.5. .. So, what does means

if it was jailbroken before, i was hoping those green letters show up anything between 4.2.1 to 4.3.3.....damn you only have 4.3.5(tethered...which is not terrible at the moment)

TU saves firmwares for restoring/downgrading to a particular firmware that is jailbreakable(and also untethered, which we all prefer), the best one right now is 4.3.3, which you don't have and never will.

4.3.5 is a tethered jailbreak, tethered means, if your device batt dies or you turn it off, you need a computer with a program(redsnow) to be able to start up iPad every time by choosing "boot tethered now".

untethered jailbreak is normal, no computer needed, it boots normally.

now, 4.2.1 might be too old, and tweaks might be too advanced for it, and causing conflicts. So a newer firmware would be good,... your 4.2.1 is untethered though, and if you upgrade you will lose it, as you cannot even save it with TU right now, to downgrade back to it, if you upgrade.

4.3.5 is an option for you, but it is tethered, and you can't go back to 4.2.1.

OP
Y

yaselmane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, what is ur advice for me, should I upgraded it to 4.3.5 ???? And another question ... I heard that 4.3.5 is not a gd firm for apps from cydia, is that true ?? Thx again dude ;)

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, what is ur advice for me, should I upgraded it to 4.3.5 ???? And another question ... I heard that 4.3.5 is not a gd firm for apps from cydia, is that true ?? Thx again dude ;)

dont upgrade yet, wait for everyones advice before you do, should def be a fix for what you have going on.

in the meantime, don't restore or update or you will lose 4.2.1.

i would recommend that you download TU and try to save your shsh blobs, and see what shows up first.

OP
Y

yaselmane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okayz, will do ... But, from where can I get TU ???

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Helloz, am new to this, I just got my iPad 2 weeks ago ( iOS 4.2.1 ). When I jail braked it and I started to installing apps and tweaks through cydia, I started facing a problem with the positioning of new windows, for example: when i open the setup ... Mail ... Add account, the window that comes out is positioned to the high left edge and I can't see 80% of it. Is it caused by cydia ??. And how I can fix it. Thx guys :)

To me, it sounds as if you've installed an iPhone tweak that is incompatible with the iPad. That's why your pop-up window (for lack of a better word) come out funny - the iPad thinks it's an iPhone. Or, you've just got a tweak gone bad/not reacting with the iPad...

You may want to try uninstalling all the tweaks you've put on the iPad and then re-add them one at a time. Then, you can see which one causes the troubles.

Or, you can give us a list of your installed tweaks and we may be able to spot the "troublemaker."

Marliyn

Most reactions

Latest posts