What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with the App Store

veesubotee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the last few days, I've had a problem with the App Store. Specifically, when using the 'apps gone free' app, and clicking on 'get it in the App Store' bar, I get a blank search screen instead of being taken to the desired app. If I enter a search term, I just get the spinning circle mid-screen.

Interestingly, clicking on the App store on the home page takes me to the App Store screen. I can click on any app, click install, but that is where the normal behavior ends. Instead of getting the small blue circle with blue dot inside (download in progress), I just get the circle and the app doesn't download.

I have normal internet connectivity, i.e., browser, movie apps, etc.

Anyone?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try force closing the App Store app:
Double tap the Home button to reveal the multitask bar. In iOS 7, slide the thumbnail above the app icon towards the top of the screen.

What you could also do is go to App Store - Featured, scroll down to your Apple ID, tap it, sign out, and then sign in again with your existing Apple ID.

One more option: reset your iPad: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the iPad power up on it's own.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There have been a few glitches in the App Store the last couple days. This is probably Apple making changes in the background in preparation for WWDC (Monday) , where they will almost certainly announce iOS 8 and other stuff, some of which will likely be available immediately.

This happened last year too.

Nothing to do except restart the iPad, and/or wait awhile and try again.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts