What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with syncing

jhanrux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
..The computer had been formatted about this few days. Then when I found a new game in Itunes. I try to downloaded it . and i download it. After awhile when i try to synchronize this game to upload it to the ipad . It suddenly says. that
" The Ipad -NAME- is syned with annother itunes library. Do you want to erase this Ipad and sync with this itunes library?An ipad can be syned with only one itunes library at a time. Erasing and syncing replaces the content of this ipad with the contents of this itunes library"
Of course i don't want to erase everything on my Ipad. How can i just sync my ipad to my itues now?

The old Itunes Library had been deleted .
please help how can i download an ipad game without deleting my old games and downloading to the new itunes library

Sorry for my bad english.
thanks in advance
-vj

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jhanrux said:
..The computer had been formatted about this few days. Then when I found a new game in Itunes. I try to downloaded it . and i download it. After awhile when i try to synchronize this game to upload it to the ipad . It suddenly says. that " The Ipad -NAME- is syned with annother itunes library. Do you want to erase this Ipad and sync with this itunes library?An ipad can be syned with only one itunes library at a time. Erasing and syncing replaces the content of this ipad with the contents of this itunes library"
Of course i don't want to erase everything on my Ipad. How can i just sync my ipad to my itues now?

The old Itunes Library had been deleted .
please help how can i download an ipad game without deleting my old games and downloading to the new itunes library

Sorry for my bad english.
thanks in advance
-vj

If you are concerned about a conflicting device/library syncing with your current iPad your best option would be to remove iTunes from the host PC then reinstall iTunes. If you receive a prompt during removal asking if you wish to retain iTunes data respond with NO. This will remove all traces of iTunes including any iPad sync info. Upon reinstall attach your iPad and back it up locally. Then heck manual sync in preferences and browse music, movies, and apps and see if the items match what is on your iPad.

I never use auto sync. Doing so gives iTunes arbitrary control over what is synced to the device which can cause serious problems because of potential deletion of objects on the iPad that have never been backed up and subsequently lost forever.

ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR IPAD BEFORE SYNCING. ALWAYS REVIEW THE SYNC SCREENS AND CHANGE THEM TO MANUAL IF THERE IS ANY DOUBT ABOUT THE ACCURACY OF THE ITEMS TO BE SYNCED.

Personally I set everything to manual, check all objects, then manually initiate the sync. In many cases I do music, pictures, and apps as separate sync processes to minimize risk of catastrophic loss of data on my iPad. iTunes sync functions do not have safeguards in place that I believe are sufficient to warn users that they are about to lose data on the iPad not resident in the iTunes library resident on the PC.

it is always better to have to repeat a process that didn't copy something to the iPad as expected than to lose everything on the iPad with one click.

Just this week, in these very forums, a woman lost every photo she took while on holiday when iTunes blew them away when auto sync ran. Sadly they were lost forever because they were not backed up. I'm an IT person by profession. I work with many systems and applications and I find iTunes to be very unforgiving and poorly designed especially for the average user who is not familiar with how arbitrary and potentially dangerous iTunes syncing can be.

Better to seek forgiveness after than permission prior appears to be the iTunes mantra and I've seen far too many people bit by sync issues.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I hope your problem is now sorted with Midranger's great advice!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Most reactions

Latest posts