What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with "sent mail" folder

VitaBella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
I have a problem with my "sent mail" folder on my IPad 2. It says I have 198 unread, sent messages....Yes, that's right, 198 unread, "sent" messages! When I click on the folder to open it, nothing is in there. How do I get rid of this? It's a minor problem, but annoying nonetheless! Hope someone can help! Thanks!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, VitaBella! Welcome to iPF!

If possible, send an email to somebody you know very well, or to yourself. You should find the message in the Sent folder. Mark it as unread (Edit - Mark All - Mark as unread) and then delete it.

If this doesn't help, remove the email account from your iPad (Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars) and add it again afterwards. This should solve your issue.

Hope that helps.

OP
V

VitaBella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Johanna!

LOL! I did it and now it shows 223 unread "sent" messages, even though the box is empty! I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone!:p

I will try removing my email account tomorrow and will let you know!

Thanks for your help!

:)

Vita

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that's really weird! My advice should have helped to remove them, not increase their number. o_O

I hope deleting the account and installing it again will have the desired effect. :)

OP
V

VitaBella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Johanna!
Well, I did it one more time and then I got 7300 unread messages in my "in" box. It decided to go ahead and removed the account and then I added it back ini again. Had to do that twice, but I finally got rid of the 7300 unread messages in my in box (even though I didn't have any messages in there).....BUT.....now I don't have any "drafts", "sent", "junk" or "trash" folders! LOL!! Just an "in box".....I will go back to the drawing board and see what happens!! Thanks for your help!

OP
V

VitaBella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, Johanna.....I did it again - got my sent and trash folders back.....but I also got the original 223 unread "sent" email back again, too! LOL! I give up for tonight.....if you can think of anything else, let me know. I will try again tomorrow! :D

OP
V

VitaBella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, Johanna! Tried it again this morning. I waited a minute or two before re-installing my account....all is A-OK! For now, at least! LOL! Again, thanks for your help. It is much appreciated. Enjoy the rest of your day! :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, I'll certainly enjoy it! :)

I'm glad my suggestion helped. Let's hope this won't happen again. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts