What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with Restored backup

40wnks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I backed up my Mini (2), then did a reset, then I did a restore. It did restore everything from the backup except for my automobile maintenance app that I had downloaded from the app store probably more than a year ago. It is no longer available from the app store so I now do not have the program or my auto maintenance history in it. Any way I could go to an earlier backup and cherry-pic that app and it's info?
Thanks,
Bill (40wnks)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While you could probably re-download the app from your App Store purchased list, there would be no way to recover the lost maintenance data unless you have another backup that has that app in it. You could then install that earlier backup. Once you have the app and its data on your iPad it might be possible to export the data. As to extracting the app data from an earlier backup, it can't be done.

OP

40wnks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, oh well, it is good that I have most hard copy from service providers.

Most reactions

Latest posts