What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with Reminders

SwanseaMick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why do some reminders have a due date and a reminder date, both of which can be amended, yet others only have a reminder date?

How can I set a due date, when I'm not given the option?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't see either Due Dates nor Reminder Dates mentioned in the Reminders app. You can set a date. If it's past the set date it shows in red. If not, then black. The list column will say you 'x overdue' reminders, but that's the only 'due' in the entire app as far as I can see.

Are you using the most recent version, iOS 9.3.1?

Are you using any other calendar or task managing app that syncs back to Reminders?

Can you show us a screen shot of what you are talking about. You can use the Skitch app to obsucre any personal details.

Last edited:
OP
S

SwanseaMick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 9.3.1, and am using the built-in Remiders app.
First I must apologise, I used the term Reminder date, when I should have said Alarm date.

Now, if I click on the information icon of one of my reminders in the list, a Details dialogue box opens, which shows, listing from the top:-

Details. Done
Blank line containing the appointment title as text
Remind me on a day -
Alarm -
Due -
Repeat -
Priority-
Notes

However, if I click the information icon on another reminder, I get the same dialogue box, with all the lines except the Due line.
If I could find out how to do a screenhot, I'd happily attach one, but...

OP
S

SwanseaMick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg Hopefully, these screenshops will explain my dilemma

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I admit I'm baffled.

My only guess is that the the reminder with the due date was either imported/entered using a different app, or using an earlier verison of Reminders (though I don't remember any version that had Due dates).

There are a number of task and calendar apps that can create and sync reminders to the Reminders app.

If you can remember anything different about how the due date items were entered, that would help. I aleady tested Fantastical, Siri, and the Apple Watch. No due dates for any of those.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
One more thought. If you sync Reminders with more than one email service, lists from that other service might have extra features. For instance, it is possible to have both iCloud and Yahoo synced lists.

Yahoo doesn't have the due date feature, but other's like Outlook might.

OP
S

SwanseaMick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using only the iPad app! No third party apps, no syncing or e-mails etc, just the plain vanilla app.
All I can think is that the due inclusive appointment is a hangover from an earlier version of Reminders.
Pleased to see I'm not the only one baffled.
Just a thought, Reminders must expect due, else how come it is catered for in the dialogue box?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
One more thought. If you sync Reminders with more than one email service, lists from that other service might have extra features. For instance, it is possible to have both iCloud and Yahoo synced lists.

Yahoo doesn't have the due date feature, but other's like Outlook might.
Outlook doesn't have it either.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have been using only the iPad app! No third party apps, no syncing or e-mails etc, just the plain vanilla app.
All I can think is that the due inclusive appointment is a hangover from an earlier version of Reminders.
Pleased to see I'm not the only one baffled.
Just a thought, Reminders must expect due, else how come it is catered for in the dialogue box?

I went back through some of my old completed tasks, clear back to 2011, and still couldn't find any like the one you showed. I give up. o_O

Most reactions