1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Problem with PDF rendering

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Phillyguy, May 18, 2011.

1. Phillyguy

Phillyguy iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use Sugarsync to synchronize files on my computer. I scan a lot of documents into PDF and keep them on my computer. They were previously opening without a problem. But there was a lag because some of the files were quite large. So today I decided to reduce the file sizes by resaving them using Adobe Acrobat's save "Reduced Size PDF" options.

The files open on my computer without a problem, but when I opened in SugarSync it's just a blank page. After playing around for a while, I decided to email that file to my iPad to see if this is a problem with SugarSync or iPad rendering.

The emailed PDF is just a black screen as well, so I think it's iPad having trouble opening the file.

So I wonder what the iPad PDF format requirment is. I re-saved the files using Acrobat 6.x compatibility and still can't open it.

Any thoughts? Thanks
  2. peled

peled iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    This is a known issue with iPad. It would not show properly some PDF files.
    At one point I even traced it to one kind of PDF files that their properties are shown down below.

Attached Files: