What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with PDF rendering

Phillyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Sugarsync to synchronize files on my computer. I scan a lot of documents into PDF and keep them on my computer. They were previously opening without a problem. But there was a lag because some of the files were quite large. So today I decided to reduce the file sizes by resaving them using Adobe Acrobat's save "Reduced Size PDF" options.

The files open on my computer without a problem, but when I opened in SugarSync it's just a blank page. After playing around for a while, I decided to email that file to my iPad to see if this is a problem with SugarSync or iPad rendering.

The emailed PDF is just a black screen as well, so I think it's iPad having trouble opening the file.

So I wonder what the iPad PDF format requirment is. I re-saved the files using Acrobat 6.x compatibility and still can't open it.

Any thoughts? Thanks

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a known issue with iPad. It would not show properly some PDF files.
At one point I even traced it to one kind of PDF files that their properties are shown down below.

Attachments

• pdf1.jpg
    pdf1.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 295
  • pdf2.jpg
    pdf2.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 298

Most reactions

Latest posts