What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with opening my Ipad 3

Reaction score
I have had this ipad for 8 months now, and the last month and a half it hasn't worked. This started 2 months ago when
I was on it, and it blacked out and put a spinning white wheel in front. When I charged it with my iphone's adapter
(because the ipad's one broke) then it worked again perfectly. Another night when I was trying to use it, it did the same
thing again, but then it blacked out and spinned for hours, without even opening. It spins even after we charge it, or during
then when it looses all of its battery it stops. Why is it that? How can I open it again? I have many things there that I need?
Please, help.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have had this ipad for 8 months now, and the last month and a half it hasn't worked. This started 2 months ago when
I was on it, and it blacked out and put a spinning white wheel in front. When I charged it with my iphone's adapter
(because the ipad's one broke) then it worked again perfectly. Another night when I was trying to use it, it did the same
thing again, but then it blacked out and spinned for hours, without even opening. It spins even after we charge it, or during
then when it looses all of its battery it stops. Why is it that? How can I open it again? I have many things there that I need?
Please, help.

Try this (something Apple recommends you should do periodically):
Simultaneously hold down the OnOff and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding until the Apple logo appears, then let both go. But keep waiting until your wallpaper appears and then switch on.
Regards, Andrew

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One more thought here. If you can't get your iPad to work, it's still under warranty, being less than a year old. You could make a Genius appointment a a local Apple store and have your iPad checked out. If there is a hardware fault,it will be covered under warranty and you will receive another iPad in exchange. If you made a backup of the iPad before the problem started, you can use it to set up the replacement iPad.

CMills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A couple of week ago, before I boutht my new iPAD3 Cellular-Wifi 128Gb I had an iPAD2 Cellular-Wifi 64GB and during some update using iTunes in a hotel the internet connection was broken (hotel wifi unstable) and when I looked at the apps panel all listed application on my iPAD were gone, the list was plain blank. However, in my iPAD2 all my appliction were all right. I have don a couple of system updates on my iPAD2 but the problem persists.

But was only when I bought the new iPAD3 and try to restore my appliation from the computer backup that I noticed that since that problem happened my iPAD2 cannot perform a full backup anymore.

Do you guys have an idea what is going on?

Carlos
Australia

CMills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does Apple provided any repair tool for the iPAD for cases like that, when something may be was corrupted and cannot be fixed by the update of the iOS?

Carlos
Australia

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Please, help.

Where did you buy this iPad? I only ask because when I was in where you are based, there were so many counterfeit items for sale at really low prices. Pirate CDs, electrical items, etc. etc. in abundance!

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes I bought it in Pristina, Kosovo, which is where I reside. I bought it at a center store
for 600$ I think. I know there are many cheap electronical items here, which some of them
are illegal of course.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hope all works out for you. I am sure you will always find good advice on this forum.
OB's suggestion is good advice, try it and let us know.

OP
S
Reaction score
Nothing is working, as the logo appears and then the spinning wheel spins until it shuts down again, probably because of the battery.
I want to try scifan57 said and send it to apple technicians to get it fixed. Anyone have an idea as where to send it or an adress?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing is working, as the logo appears and then the spinning wheel spins until it shuts down again, probably because of the battery.
I want to try scifan57 said and send it to apple technicians to get it fixed. Anyone have an idea as where to send it or an adress?

You would contact Apple and they would tell you where to send the iPad. If you have Apple care phone their telephone technical support line and describe your problem. If they want you to send it back, they'll tell you exactly what to do. Here's how to contact Apple for service. http://support.apple.com/kb/HE57

Most reactions