What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with mini

mesmerized

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, something is seriously wrong here. My mini went down by 5% overnight with WiFi off doing nothing at all during the night time... :(

OP
M

mesmerized

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This post has been moved, which is a shame because it was supposed to be related to what one of the users said in another thread:
50 hours now and down to20%.. Since last charge. Same for my iPhone 5. Puzzling when I read that others battery is draining fast. Actually my iPhone is 36 hours and down 47%. Both using 7.02.

Exactly. There must be something else involved. I mean my battery spent like 6% in 4 hours while surfing a bit, read few emails and everything is on (no trick or tips or any optimisation)

Last edited:

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, something is seriously wrong here. My mini went down by 5% overnight with WiFi off doing nothing at all during the night time... :(

I was having this problem. Now I put it on Airplane Mode - during the day - and it holds the battery level. I turn it off at night.

TwinsisterWendy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was the other way around for me yesterday, i shut it down with 88% battery to find it woth 95% battery upon restarting the next day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was the other way around for me yesterday, i shut it down with 88% battery to find it woth 95% battery upon restarting the next day. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow! Now there is something I could live with! :) If you could patent it you'd be rich!!

OP
M

mesmerized

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question. If you recharge your ipad when it's off, does the battery picture gets full? Mine doesn't. It gets nearly full but the green progress bar doesn't fill up the whole battery box.

Last edited:
OP
M

mesmerized

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't mean to be a pain in the neck but I'd be grateful if somoeone could reply to my last question. My gut feeling tells me something is just not right here.

dvitale300

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would bet you've got something processing during the night. I would first make sure all applications are closed out and then do a shutdown/restart. And then check it in the morning. If the power is still draining that fast, do the same thing but the next night disable bluetooth and see what happens in the morning. If the bluetooth is off, or if the same thing happens, then try the same process the next night - with the wifi turned off. If you notice a dramatic change after disabling bluetooth or wifi - you can isolate your problem. Another thing to try is to backup your ipad on itunes and then do a full restore. You may also have something wrong with the wireless chip.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't mean to be a pain in the neck but I'd be grateful if somoeone could reply to my last question. My gut feeling tells me something is just not right here.

When I charge my mini over night it always goes full green. Id try to do a reset by holding sleep and home buttons at the same time until it turns off then do a full charge overnight. Other than that, I don't think 5% is all that much. Usually when left on (if that's the case) it will randomly pull email etc overnight.

dvitale300

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh,my error. I thought you said you were going down to 5%, and not down by 5%

Most reactions

Latest posts