What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problem with jailbreak 3 ipad2 4.3.3

shashanksoma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i tried the same several times with all the solutions mentioned, i am getting the following error:
Error as follows:
“There was a problem downloading the jailbreak files, the operation couldn’t be completed (kcferrordomaincfnetwork error 2)â€
please help me i have Ipad 2 V 4.3.3(8J2) 64GB WiFi Model MC916LL

boyzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Clear Safaris cache (settings,safari, clear cache) and shut down any apps running in the background (double click home button and hold down any app that is running til they wobble then touch the minus sign of each one to shut down) and try again.

OP
S

shashanksoma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have gone to www(dot)jailbreakme(dot)com, safari has opened the page then i clicked free then install immediately an icon appeared with the error pop up.
1) i tried clearing cache, history & cookies
2) no apps were running in the background not even settings
3) had restarted the ipad
4) has reset to default factory settings and tried
but none of these has worked

i use wifi in ad-hoc mode thru laptop.

Hope i have given u enough info for better understanding.

Thanks for the support! Hope it gets resolved.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
shashanksoma said:
i use wifi in ad-hoc mode thru laptop.

Are you able to connect your iPad to a wireless router when you are out and about and try the jb that way?
It only takes literally a few seconds to complete and the download size is small.
Perhaps a free wi-fi spot? Best to eliminate the ad-hoc laptop connection as a potential problem.

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another thing you might try is to do the JB from a different browser. Easy enough to try.

OP
S

shashanksoma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i tried with Google chrome and opera, the problem with these browsers is they don't even show the free button, so there is no way to download from these.
plz suggest me any other browser which might be usefull.
i don't think wifi ad-hoc is the problem as i am able to connect to internet and access and download/update.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
shashanksoma said:
i tried with Google chrome and opera, the problem with these browsers is they don't even show the free button, so there is no way to download from these.
plz suggest me any other browser which might be usefull.
i don't think wifi ad-hoc is the problem as i am able to connect to internet and access and download/update.

This jailbreak can ONLY be run on the iPad and ONLY using Mobile Safari. It is a userland jailbreak which relies on exploiting Safari. You don't download it to a PC.
If it is not working on your iPad then it is your connection to the Internet which seems likely to be the fault, hence my comments about the ad-hoc network.

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When the JB was released, I was getting an error when I tried to run it, using Safari. I don't recall the message, but it was the one many were getting because of volume. For the heck of it, I set my Atomic browser to identify as Mobile Safari, and accessed the JB from it. It worked.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mattmilw said:
When the JB was released, I was getting an error when I tried to run it, using Safari. I don't recall the message, but it was the one many were getting because of volume. For the heck of it, I set my Atomic browser to identify as Mobile Safari, and accessed the JB from it. It worked.

Yes, I should have been clearer. All of the alternative standard browsers on the iPad, such as Atomic and iCab, are actually just front ends to the Safari browser, therefore they will work with JBME. It is the same rendering engine which is running.
It was the mention of Chrome etc. which set me off as this indicates the user thought you would download the jailbreak on a PC since those alternatives are not available on the iPad. My bad. Thanks for the clarification.

OP
S

shashanksoma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just tried with atomic browser, the problem is when i try to go to www(dot)jailbreakme(dot)com it is going to www(dot)jailbreakme(dot)com/star/ were i get an error stating that it doesn't support the installed IOS version.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
just tried with atomic browser, the problem is when i try to go to JailbreakMe 3.0 it is going to JailbreakMe were i get an error stating that it doesn't support the installed IOS version.

OK. It should not be forwarding you to /star. That is JBME 2.0.
It thinks you are another device. Have you set the user agent in Atomic to something else? Make sure you are identifying yourself as an iPad running Safari.

I strongly suggest you clear the cache in "Settings" and use Safari to try again.

Most reactions