What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problem with ipad retina "sync" and "icloud"

wieking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just installed snow leopard and new version of itunes on my new ipad retina.

I cannot seem to "sync" nor load/apply/???? Icloud

Am I supposed to put the icloud app on my ipad or on my imac? or neither?

Some sites say that I can NEVER get icloud going on my ipad because i need a newer-yet OS on my IMAC!?

What in the heck is up with this?

(BTW, i am attempting this icloud boogie ONLY in order to start getting my imac ppt presentations transferred to my ipad so that I can then Keynote to an externally connected lcd projector, RIGHT¿)

Yes, I heard that if I get bootcamp loaded onto my imac then I can run Windows which DOES get icloud!!??

This BBSSSSSSSS

Last edited:

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,
Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone: I think you can use the iCloud sync functionality in Keynote, but you CAN'T use iCloud in Snow Leopard for other purposes (Find My Mac, etc.). There is no iCloud app on iPad or Mac. And yes, you can get iCloud on Windows. You'll need at least Lion to get full iCloud functionality on Mac.
I would like to welcome you to the iPad Forums, an amazing online community in which iPad users alike from all walks of life come together to discuss the very piece of technology this website is name after, iPad. We hope you enjoy the forum.

We ask that you read and abide by the iPadForums rules.
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html
Check out the iPF app.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
I recommend subscribing to the iPF news feed.
Apple iPad News
For all your iPad FAQ.
iPad FAQ
iPad reviews are all right here.
iPad Reviews
How to create posts and new threads:
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html

Once again, we are so pleased you have joined us!

Goofy8275 - User of iPadForums

FLWolverine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried ios file sharing? Have a look at this: iOS: About File Sharing

^^^^^^ This works, and you don't need to use the iCloud. You do, however need to purchase Keynote on your iOS device.

And by the way, how is this BSSSSSSS? The iCloud is not supported on a snow leopard machine. That doesn't mean it can't be done. It just means that Apple does not support it. The iCloud functions exactly as it is intended. It is more of a syncing service as opposed to a storage service. It is different than the @me service which included iDisk to store files. If you need storage use an app like Dropbox or gmail's Drive app.

Gary

Most reactions

Latest posts