What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with iPad for online teaching

EmFly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.

I bought an iPad Air 3 (Version 14.2) for online teaching.
I use the iPad with the Apple Pencil and Powerpoint/Keynote.
In addition to the iPad, I dial in with my Macbook Pro to see the chat, as well as my own slides for.

Unfortunately I encountered the following problem during the first use:
  • Sometimes there are delays while sketching: Sketches are displayed on the Mac (and therefore also for students) only seconds later. The internet connection is not the problem - see below.
  • Some animations are not displayed: for example, with 3 enumerations, enumeration 1 is displayed correctly on the Mac, enumeration 2 is not displayed at all; only when I switch to enumeration 3 on the iPad, enumerations 2 and 3 are suddenly displayed on the Mac.
  • My first assumption was "internet connection is too slow":
  • I changed the devices: Drawing on Mac (with mouse) and monitoring with iPad: No delays, everything works fine.
After the online lesson I tried the following: (i) Webex instead of teams --> same problem; (ii) Mac or iPad via hotspot to the internet: same problem --> on Mac everything works, iPad has delays and the problem that some animations are not transferred; (iii) tried everything on Keynote: same problem again.

Do you have an idea what the problem might be?

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Stefan

Most reactions

Latest posts