What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with iPad 2 after upgrading

ITweijie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today, I updated my firmware to iOS 5.0.1 and some of the apps started crashing.. The most crashed app was the facebook when I press sometimes like the notification, the app closes. Even and also I comment on photos, status and also chat in Facebook. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to reboot the iPad by pressing and holding the Power and Home buttons until the white Apple logo appears - about 10 seconds - the iPad will then reboot and hopefully this problem will be solved.

Tim

OP
I

ITweijie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to reboot the iPad by pressing and holding the Power and Home buttons until the white Apple logo appears - about 10 seconds - the iPad will then reboot and hopefully this problem will be solved.

Tim

It is still crashing.. But not as many times before I reboot.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - then next stage is to close the apps in the multi-task bar. Double press the Home button to open the multi-task bar, then press and hold any app icon in the multi-task bar until they all start to jiggle. Now touch the top left-hand corner of each icon in the multi-task bar to close them - one-by-one, there's no way to do them all at the same time.

When you've finished closing all the app, press the Home button again to close the multi-task bar, and see if the problem persists.

Tim

OP
I

ITweijie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - then next stage is to close the apps in the multi-task bar. Double press the Home button to open the multi-task bar, then press and hold any app icon in the multi-task bar until they all start to jiggle. Now touch the top left-hand corner of each icon in the multi-task bar to close them - one-by-one, there's no way to do them all at the same time.

When you've finished closing all the app, press the Home button again to close the multi-task bar, and see if the problem persists.

Tim

Yup.. I closed all and it still persists.

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ITweijie said:
Today, I updated my firmware to iOS 5.0.1 and some of the apps started crashing.. The most crashed app was the facebook when I press sometimes like the notification, the app closes. Even and also I comment on photos, status and also chat in Facebook. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the apps like Facebook?

Regards,
~Chays~

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lots of apps updating are coming up after the 5.0.1. Update apps every time they are available.

Okitsim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good morning! Would appreciate assistance from anyone. Most of my incoming mail to my yahoo address has no message content. I could see the sender and subject but on the body says no message content. Thank you

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okitsim said:
Good morning! Would appreciate assistance from anyone. Most of my incoming mail to my yahoo address has no message content. I could see the sender and subject but on the body says no message content. Thank you

Hi and welcome to the Forum,

Sometimes the emails do not download fully, scroll to the bottom of the email. Does it say something like - this email has not fully downloaded - and then there is a tab showing the download and size? If not then there is a problem with the app and there are a few steps you can take that will clear this up. Do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar along the bottom. It will show all the apps that you have opened at one time or another. Long press one of these apps until they start to jiggle and red minus signs will appear above them all. Press all the minus signs, this will close them, not delete them. It's a good idea to do this regularly just to keep them all running smoothly, I do mine every night. Check and see if it is operating now., if not a restart is in order.

Restart: Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will start again. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running smoothly. Now see if it is operating. If not a reset is the next step.

Reset: Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. This is a reset.

When your iPad begins to behave strangely these are the first steps you should do to rectify it. Let us know how you go, good luck!!

The IPad Forum is a Community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the IPad.
There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions that you have. If then you can't find the answer you are seeking, then by all means post your question. You will find many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the iPad Manuals is a great place to start, so please download a copy of these http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the iPad
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us. Enjoy!!

macdaddio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem after I upgrade to the ios5 software. My photo gallery was playing up and after spending hours online and over the phone to the Apple care so called tech guy of whom he said it can be fixed and no need to bring in for repairs. Well I had enough and booked in a genus bar at Apple store and once I told the genus bar guy the problem I had he then asked me if I recently upgraded to the ios5 as soon as I said yes he told me that's the problem and that he will replace it for a new one and that once you upgrade you can't down grade..
15 minutes later I was walking out the store with a brand new iPad 2 once again and haven't had the problem since...
So happy with Apple..

mr_president

iPF Noob
Reaction score
macdaddio said:
I had the same problem after I upgrade to the ios5 software. My photo gallery was playing up and after spending hours online and over the phone to the Apple care so called tech guy of whom he said it can be fixed and no need to bring in for repairs. Well I had enough and booked in a genus bar at Apple store and once I told the genus bar guy the problem I had he then asked me if I recently upgraded to the ios5 as soon as I said yes he told me that's the problem and that he will replace it for a new one and that once you upgrade you can't down grade..
15 minutes later I was walking out the store with a brand new iPad 2 once again and haven't had the problem since...
So happy with Apple..

Question? I use apps and it just closes without warning as well. Did they say it was a problem with the ipad2 or? I just made e purchase in October 2011

mr_president

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ITweijie said:

I am having the same problem with Facebook and a couple of other apps. It is really annoying!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with Facebook and a couple of other apps. It is really annoying!
Try these tips in succession to resolve things...

Quit Apps: To quit an app double press the Home button and the Multitasking Tray will appear at the bottom of the screen revealing all of the open apps. Tap and hold any app icon until all of the icons start jiggling. A red circle with a "-" (minus sign) will appear in the upper left-hand corner of each icon. Tap the red circle and the app will close.

Restart the iPad: Press and hold down the Sleep/wake switch on the top edge of the iPad for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad down. Restart the iPad by pressing the Sleep/wake switch until the Apple logo appears.

Reset the iPad: You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake switch on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process takes a few minutes and then the iPad should be responsive again. More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Upgrade Apps: Check the App Store on your iPad to ensure all apps are up to date after an upgrade. Developers often release updates that are required to allow them to run on the latest iOS version.

Reinstall Apps: While the app is closed press and hold its icon until all of the icons on your screen begin to jiggle. A black circle with an “X” will appear in the upper left-hand corner. Tap on the “X” and confirm that you want to delete the app. Reset the iPad (using the instructions above).

Open the App Store App and tap on "Purchased" in the bottom toolbar. Locate the app you just deleted. Tap on the download button (cloud) and the app will be reinstalled. (Downloading any app already purchased again is free).

Apps that require logins, etc. will need to be set up again. More here:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Most reactions

Latest posts