What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with ipad 2 3G

manlyloveyou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a trouble about 3G. It only appear Searching.... After that is No Service. I'm not amater when using ipad. So i can't solve this problem. Who could help me?

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
manlyloveyou said:
I have a trouble about 3G. It only appear Searching.... After that is No Service. I'm not amater when using ipad. So i can't solve this problem. Who could help me?

Is the SIM inserted properly? Have you correctly set the APN in Settings? Is your SIM card activated by your service provider? Is the account with your provider active?

- Sent from my Highly-Personalized jailbroken iPad 2! :D

OP
M

manlyloveyou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything is corrected and check but the problem does'nt solve. I saw sim application and cellular data number and carrier but it still No Service.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the SIM card taken from a mobile phone? If you can see the number, it probably is. SIM cards for phones do not work on iPad. They have voice telephony, which is not supported by iPad. You require a data SIM card that handles only data (and in some cases SMS).

OP
M

manlyloveyou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did everything as you said but it still. Somtime i turn on cellular i see Viettel 3G and it works only 5' althought i checked my account and full money.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
manlyloveyou said:
I did everything as you said but it still. Somtime i turn on cellular i see Viettel 3G and it works only 5' althought i checked my account and full money.

What do you mean "5"? Sometimes your account data may not be activated. Other than that, try restoring your iPad in iTunes. After the restore, iTunes will ask if you want to download carrier settings for your iPad. Click 'Yes', and your Internet should work. If not, try to ask your provider about your account, and how to use your account with your iPad.

Worse come to worst, take your iPad to your provider with the SIM card (like a carrier outlet). For example, I'll take my iPad with my DiGi sim card to a DiGi store. They usually will fix it for you. If not, it might be that your carrier does not support data on iPad. Keep in mind that I can't help you anymore after this, because I do not live in your country and as such, do not know how things work.

The best thing after this is to find a user here that is from your country. Also, check the 'iPad Carriers' section in this forum. They usually have something for cases like this. Also, try the international forums- Someone from your country might be able to help you.

OP
M

manlyloveyou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much. And i will find someone with same my trouble.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Are you perhaps just in a place where you can't get a 3g signal, its not ubiquitous you know. It depends on coverage, for instance I can't get a 3g signal at my work place but can at home.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
Are you perhaps just in a place where you can't get a 3g signal, its not ubiquitous you know. It depends on coverage, for instance I can't get a 3g signal at my work place but can at home.

That did not occur to me... Wow, really says something, doesn't it?

OP
M

manlyloveyou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if i downgrade from firmware 4.3.3 to 4.3 so the problem can be solve?

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
manlyloveyou said:
I don't know if i downgrade from firmware 4.3.3 to 4.3 so the problem can be solve?

3G iPads cannot be downgraded for now...

Most reactions

Latest posts