What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem With iO5 - Music on iPad2 Out of Synch with iTunes on PC

CanaryKid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am an iPad newbie - but proficient on the PC. I have a problem and hope someone might be able to help.

I have just downloaded iO5 to my iPad2. When I finished, all seemed OK, but when I did the first sync, it added all my music again (99 albums/8GB). The number of albums shown on the iPad was the same, but each track was there twice! The only way I could get back to a single copy of each was to remove all the music from the iTunes software on my PC and synch it, thereby removing the second copy. Now I have a single copy of each album on the iPad and no music in the iTunes section - although, strangely, when I attach my iPad to the PC, the coloured bar in iTunes that shows the capacity used by each type of file shows 8GB of music on the iPad, so iTunes knows it’s there. It's as if iTunes won't touch the music transferred under the old operating system.

Leaving aside that I do not like having the two out of synch, what happens when I want to remove the any of the music from the iPad - I won’t be able to use iTunes to remove it as it doesn’t show any is there in the first place! Ideally, I would like to remove all the music from the iPad and then synch it back with iTunes so that both are in synch. However, can I delete music (and photos, which have the same problem) from the iPad without iTunes? Any ideas? Thanks.

OP
C

CanaryKid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorted it! Transferred just one new album via iTunes and it deleted the original 99 - so I added them back via iTunes and the iPad and iTunes are now back in synch. What a palaver!!

Most reactions

Latest posts