What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with facetime

Tahmidul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help...I have a working Internet connection....I use Internet using my Nokia mobile via Bluetooth...but when I try to make a FaceTime call, I get a message saying connect to a wifi network to use FaceTime...when I use speed-test app to test my net speed..it says that I have a wifi connection...but why this problem with FaceTime? Please give me a solution to this problem...

Attachments

• image-1111670811.jpg
    image-1111670811.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 314

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless you are on iOS 6 AND your service provider has allowed for FaceTime over cellular, it is only available over wifi.

A workaround is to use Skype, which works over cellular.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
T

Tahmidul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a wifi only iPad and 2g net and my iOS is 6.0.1...and as my net is 2g I don't think that my service provider has any control over FaceTime...and I want to make FaceTime calls over Internet...I don't have 3/2g in my iPad...I use Bluetooth net...which is recognized by speed-test as a wifi net...and thanks for your response...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very strange. I have used FaceTime in the manner that you are describing, but with an iPhone 4 providing the hotspot. It works. That is why I thought it must be a service provider issue, since some can and do block FaceTime. Mine does not.

Sorry I couldn't help.

OP
T

Tahmidul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's okay...actually it doesn't matter even if the problem is fixed...I only know one person who has a iPhone and has activated FaceTime....I don't need to video call him...and your one works because you made a wifi hotspot using your iPhone, I assume...you didn't connect via Bluetooth...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Probably not. I accept the defaults when I make the hotspot connection, so it's likely wifi, no Bluetooth.

OP
T

Tahmidul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And that's why you were able to make FaceTime calls...because you use wifi hotspot...but I use Bluetooth...

iichiko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For no apparent reason, Facetime has stopped working. I have tried all the posted suggestions and its still dead. I wonder if anyone else has the same problem or if someone else has a solution to this issue. Thanks.

iichiko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved. Go to settings. Scroll down to FaceTime. Put OFF then ON again. Follow the prompt if asked to be registered using apple ID. Thats it.

Most reactions

Latest posts