What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with dropbox and Notion

NickLondon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys.
I recently bought the app "Notion" for writing music scores.
I linked it with the dropbox in order to import music scores from Dropbox to Notion.
The problem is that notion seems to be unliked with the dropbox (i can't find the files) and when i try to export the music score (pdf) through Dropbox to Notion,the dropbox sees all the other apps but not the notion app.
(please see the shots)

Anyone can help? 49610423_792620131102611_5235480737716633600_n.jpg 49206622_341563493094296_6103698111631196160_n.jpg 49344422_2075691599388475_3686197085276733440_n.jpg
Thanks a lot..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I’m not familiar with the Notion app, but any linking to Dropbox would be done from within the Notion app, not in DropBox. You would normally go into the Notion app and open Dropbox (if it’s available) there to import files. Not go to the Dropbox app and try to shove stuff at Notion.

There are alternatives. You second screenshot shows the Action extention menu. This is generated by iOS, not by DropBox. What is and is not included is set up with in that menu. Go the the last item and you will see a three dot icon. Tap this to turn on/off services. Do thos both for the app extentions (top, color) and the action items (bottom, black/white).

Once DropBox shows up there, you should be able to store things in Notion in DropBox. However, you will be forcing copies, not actualy syncing them with DropBox.

The other option is to use the Files app. You can add DropBox to your File’s app’s menu at the left. When you do you should be able to copy files to/from DropBox direclty. Any folders you’ve linked wiht Notions should also show up there.

Good luck.

3CBBBA42-4710-4053-BE05-A491E74FBEA1.png

OP
N

NickLondon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I’m not familiar with the Notion app, but any linking to Dropbox would be done from within the Notion app, not in DropBox. You would normally go into the Notion app and open Dropbox (if it’s available) there to import files. Not go to the Dropbox app and try to shove stuff at Notion.

There are alternatives. You second screenshot shows the Action extention menu. This is generated by iOS, not by DropBox. What is and is not included is set up with in that menu. Go the the last item and you will see a three dot icon. Tap this to turn on/off services. Do thos both for the app extentions (top, color) and the action items (bottom, black/white).

Once DropBox shows up there, you should be able to store things in Notion in DropBox. However, you will be forcing copies, not actualy syncing them with DropBox.

The other option is to use the Files app. You can add DropBox to your File’s app’s menu at the left. When you do you should be able to copy files to/from DropBox direclty. Any folders you’ve linked wiht Notions should also show up there.

Good luck.

View attachment 84371
I wil try all these.I Really thank you very very much for your time and help!!! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts