What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with displaying correct colours in large PDF's

jlncosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I've been searching a lot in the web for a solution for the colours in my pdf books not displaying correctly... they either appear oversaturated, darker, with blue, green or pinkish hue, or even as a negative image. I tried to open many different files (I have a lot of pdf ebooks) and all have the same problem Some say that is a problem with the program used to produce the dpf in the first place, and associated with the color scheme of windows vs mac... apple RGB and whatnot. I tried several apps (ibooks, goodreader, foxit, etc, etc) and they display just the same in every single app...

...except Adobe Reader, which displays it correctly, just like in windows or a mac (and very fast, so the problem is not rendering heavy files or hi-res pictures).

So there must be a better explanation than that RGB thing...

I though this was a problem with my specific iPad mini, until a friend bought one and I saw he had the same problem.

So, can anyone explain why this is happening, and why only the adobe reader engine/renderer is working correctly?

Anyway, for anyone with the same problem, this was the solution I found :)

Have a nice day!

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is the source of the PDFs? I have always found that PDF creation tools have a set of problems, as do PDF viewing tools. It is rather a mess, IME.

OP
J

jlncosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
several sources from the web... they dont come all from the same place. Also tried myself to save one in my pc with foxit pdf editor and also bullzip... same thing happened

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's very interesting....I view many different PDFs too but rarely have a problem with the apps you mentioned. Can you link one in dropbox or something...I'd be happy to see if I have the problem with one you know to be problematics. I have a mini and an iPad 3.

OP
J

jlncosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will PM you later when the upload is complete

Most reactions

Latest posts