What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with app icons

CarolinePinky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone here :)

I just got the ipad for a couple of weeks and have been tweaking around, renaming apps and changing icons, and i'm facing problems with it.

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/photoe.png

The link above is a screenshot of my home screen. I'm not allowed to post link/ screenshots here as I'm new :(

In the screenshot the Firefox and iPod icons, (they're actually Perfect Browser and Groove for Ipad apps) have black borders around it. My boyfriend tried to replace the original icons using this program called ssh but he couldn't think of a way to remove the borders. It's not a big deal, but I feel that the black borders are a little annoying.

Does anyone know of a way to remove them?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those black borders are part of the actual icons themselves. It's how some people create their icons, versus theming them to have a border overlay.

Your best bet is to either find a theme with different icons (in which case, the borders will be different or non-existent) or to go back where you got those icons and see if you can find others that don't have the black border.

Marilyn

P.S. Oh, and while it's true you can't post links until a certain number of posts (even ones to just photos), you can still upload a photo from your PC to the forum. It's in your post creation page, underneath the text box. For convenience sake, I've uploaded the photo...

Attachments

• BlackFrameIcons.png
    BlackFrameIcons.png
    661.4 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:

Most reactions