1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Problem with a game randomly closing...

Discussion in 'iPad Games' started by iMarvel, Oct 1, 2011.

1. iMarvel

iMarvel iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey! So, recently I bought Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (had to get it after loving the original for the PS so much), and there has been a problem...

For the most part, the game works fine. Except, there is one thing that has been causing frustration, and even a bit of file-loss. Randomly, the application will close, completely. Fortunately, there is a quick-save feature that stops me from losing all progress, but sometimes it will do it after I load the quick-save (which results in that save disappearing, yknow... to avoid exploits of the game and all that), and that is when I lose time and effort.

I looked up various forums, and there have been no complaints on the game, so I figure it might be something with the iPad.

Any info, suggestions, and help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  2. info

info iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    If too many apps are running in the background you may be running out of memory. Try closing them all down and rebooting.
  3. iMarvel

iMarvel iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unfortunately, the problem is still persisting :(.

However, your advice did help a bit - the application doesn't close as frequently, now. So thanks for that!

Any other help?
  4. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,295 / 0
    Have you tried a restart. Press the power button, top right corner, a slide will appear to power off, screen goes dark and bezel appears. Wait till bezel disappears, this could take a few seconds. Press power button again until apple logo appears, wait a few more seconds, screen will start up again. This should be done regularly to keep things running smoothly.

Sorry! Just read Info's post properly - he said to reboot
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011