What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem wih headphone jack

burtonwells

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My headphones have been working just fine until today. Now there is no sound through them. Any suggestions?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you plug the headphones in (and you say there's no sound through them) does sound come out of the iPad loudspeaker?

Tim

OP
B

burtonwells

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sound through the speaker only when the headphones aren't plugged in. No sound through speaker or headphones when I plug into the jack.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - I think what Poser meant is that the iPad 'remembers' the volume independently for the loudspeaker and headphones. So, you can have the volume turned all the way up for the loudspeaker and then plug in the headphones and hear nothing, because the volume is turned all the way down for the headphones.

Tim

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - I think what Poser meant is that the iPad 'remembers' the volume independently for the loudspeaker and headphones. So, you can have the volume turned all the way up for the loudspeaker and then plug in the headphones and hear nothing, because the volume is turned all the way down for the headphones.

Tim

exactly what i meant, in short term, and if that don't work, we have to look further.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear - it's a confusing characteristic of the iPad and catches us all out from time-to-time.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts