What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem! When drawing using a stylus

artpereira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys. This problem just started happening and makes me want to throw this xxxx XXX iPad3 out my apartment window!

When using a stylus (Bamboo, and the Jot Pro), and almost all the apps I have (Sketchbook pro, Bamboo Paper, iDraw), the lines I draw break. There appear to be gaps that is created, and if I go over them, nothing draws, so I have create a quick stroke elsewhere on the screen, then I can fill that gap. But now the line is not smooth anymore.

It does not happen when using just my finger, but I am not 6 years old, and I do not want to frikken fingerpaint!!

I have changed the nibs on the Bamboo, and it still does it. And it does it even worse with the Jot Pro.

Has anyone had this problem before? I have searched and searched and could not find anything. I am starting to think it is because of iOS 6.

It is so incredibly frustrating, it makes me want to sell this thing and get a Galaxy!!!!

BTW, no apps are running in the back ground.
Multi-gestures are turned on, and off (doesn't make a difference)
Wifi on and off (doesn't make a difference)
Screen protector is on, but like I said, it didn't do it before.

My thinking is that it is a software issue, which could mean it is iOS 6.

If anyone can help me, that would be rad. Otherwise I have to revert back to iOS 5 (the better iOS) to see if it fixes it. And that is a mission!!!!

Moderator Edit: inappropriate language removed. Please re-read forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You may find that the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 works better for you. It has a read digitizer and pen. The iPad has a touch screen and though you can use a stylus with it, it is not th equvialent of a pen. However, I do know lots of people who manage to take notes on an iPad using a stylus. And issue such as you describe could be the result of letting your palm or other parts of your hand touch the screen while using the stylus.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My thinking is that it is a software issue, which could mean it is iOS 6.

If anyone can help me, that would be rad. Otherwise I have to revert back to iOS 5 (the better iOS) to see if it fixes it. And that is a mission!!!!

Unfortunately you will find it a Mission Impossible. You can no longer revert to iOS5 as Apple has closed the gates on that system relatively soon after the iOS6 upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
A

artpereira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may find that the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 works better for you. It has a read digitizer and pen. The iPad has a touch screen and though you can use a stylus with it, it is not th equvialent of a pen. However, I do know lots of people who manage to take notes on an iPad using a stylus. And issue such as you describe could be the result of letting your palm or other parts of your hand touch the screen while using the stylus.

Hey. I have glove that I use when drawing so there is no palm contact on the screen. Even if I draw with my hand completely lifted off, it still does it.
Like I said, it didn't do this before, it just started doing it and I have no idea why.

Started happening as i was taking notes from a briefing.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey. I have glove that I use when drawing so there is no palm contact on the screen. Even if I draw with my hand completely lifted off, it still does it.
Like I said, it didn't do this before, it just started doing it and I have no idea why.

Started happening as i was taking notes from a briefing.

Did you contact the app vendor to see if they know something? A lot of apps have been update for iOS 6. They may need to hear from you to see if they can correct the issue.

OP
A

artpereira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback btw. It is appreciated. I am just very frustrated as i have only had this for just over 6 weeks, plus there is a ipad 4 coming so, I am a little angry at Apple right now.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know this is of no help, but I just tested mine with SketchBook Pro, iDraw, Ink, Artrage. I can't seem to get any breaks in the lines I'm drawing. Mind you, I'm just doodling and not working on anything of import...Obviously, when kicking around there is never a problem. Only when you need to get something done.

I have iOS6 on my iPad 3 as well.

I'm using a stylus by Newtrent. It has a microfiber tip. I find that rubber tips don't work as well.

Anyway, best of luck in find your problem.

OP
A

artpereira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I am not sure if it is the stylus, because it did not do it before.

If I come across any solution, I will let you know.
Going to try and wipe the iPad clean and restore everything

Most reactions