What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem w/ Kensington Keyfolio Pro 2

juniorgolf18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got this case and I'm having this problem -
Kensington - Tablet - iPad & iPad 2 - Cases Sleeves & Bands - KeyFolio

The keyboard repeats letters. Like I'm holding them down. I try to backspace to stop it but backspace repeats. I try ton type on the iPad keypad but backspace is still repeating so i get one letter and it backspaces over it. I have to turn off the keyboard and then turn off Bluetooth on the iPad to stop it. Then a couple times the iPad keypad isn't visible and I can't get it to show so I have to turn back on the Bluetooth keyboard and hit the keyboard button to have it come back on

I've posted on Kensington support site also.

Anybody got any ideas??

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Sounds like the device has a severe ghosting problem. I would try to get a replacement device and see if that fixes the issue. If not, it could be something interfering with the bluetooth connection.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
J

juniorgolf18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the ghosting term. Idk but it's annoying.

lucky1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem with the Kensington Keyfolio Pro, MODEL #: K39357US . :mad: Does anyone know if this is a common problem with this keyboard? Are there better keyboards out there for the iPad2? Also, how do you get the on-screen keyboard to reappear on the iPad2 once you close it? Thanks!

TommyB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not a plug, but I got the Belkin kbd folio for my iPad2 and love it. Good key feel, very very close to standard size desktop keyboard, so typing is quick. I'm still not quite used to hitting the space bar as hard as it requires, so I keep smooshing words together (not that it requires hitting it HARD; it's just a little harder than what I'm accustomed to). The iLounge review is pretty good, has pictures and such. No problems with it in a few weeks of actually doing some real writing on the thing, like the way it folds up so you can pretend it doesn't even exist. You can sit it upright on a desk and freely adjust the angles, so it's like a laptop. Or you can just fold the kbd out below the iPad and sit the whole thing on your lap fairly comfortably. Very happy with the folio/kbd.

The Belkin kbd does have a keyboard button on it, so if I want the software kbd to appear back on the screen, I just press the key on my Belkin and the on-screen kbd appears. Love the Select All key, too.

Sorry this doesn't address your issue directly, but thought I'd make the suggestion.

Clumbermountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
repeating keyssssssssss

same Kens unit, iPad 3rd gen..... , same repeating keyssssss prob.... sent problem report to Kensington..... will respond when and if they do...... normally they are good with response... if this is the only problem we have, then it will work... :thumbs:

Clumbermountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kensington Technical Support replied and "it worked fine"
Thank you for contacting Kensington Technical Support.

We understand that you are experiencing difficulties with the KeyFolio Pro Keyboard Case for new iPad & iPad 2 model # 39357. In this regards, as a basic step of troubleshooting we suggest you to perform the following steps and check if it resolves the issue.
1. Turn OFF the iPad and KeyFolio.
2. Turn On the iPad and KeyFolio.
3. Reconnect the iPad with KeyFolio and check if the KeyFolio works fine.

after following these procedures, the unit keybd worked fine.... will now wait for re-occourance
Hope this works for the above users

TonyWatson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same repeating key issue with the keyfolio 2. I've tried Kensington's troubleshooting recommendation. It corrects it for a while then the repeating keys, in my case the #4, starts up again. I contacted Amazon and am returning the Kensington. A Logitech unit received great reviews and I've already ordered it.

Clumbermountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Repeating Keys...

Sorry to hear of your keybd. problem... as you can see I had the prob when I first purchased the unit and after the pwr off / on reset procedure, it has never occurred again... I have successfully used the keybd and traveled extensively with it. The only issue I have with the keybd is the frame rail that runs along the bottom row of keys is too high and cause many miskeys of the space bar. My thumb pressure ends up not being applied to the space bar because of the height of the support bar. However if it weren't that high, then the iPad would be depressing the keys when the case is closed. Some of us just have all the luck....

Most reactions

Latest posts