1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

problem viewing Trash

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by ventura1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. ventura1

ventura1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am on an iPad 4 linked to Lotus Notes (I know... it's a work iPad).
    If I accidentally delete something, and then go to my Trash to retrieve it, the Trash EMPTIES as soon as I click on the icon! I see my messages for a split second in the list, but then the system deletes them before I can do anything.
    Any thoughts as to where I can change the Trash folder back to a folder and not and auto-empty button?

Thank you!!
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    No idea. Since it's a work iPad you could probably ask your work's IT support staff.

Sorry.
  3. carona

carona iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I, too, want to be able to view and retrieve items that were accidentally trashed.
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +763 / 0
    Hi Carona - welcome to the forum! :) You need to be more specific about what you mean by 'trash' - the stock iPad has no general 'TRASH' icon like on a regular computer nor do most of the apps have such a function - mail accounts will have trash options (depending on how the account is configured) - SO, what trash are you talking about?
  5. carona

carona iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm new to this. I was talking about mail. I have accidentally deleted items that I needed to get back, but couldn't. I got to the trash can, bit all it did is gobble up whatever email got there with me. I finally figured out how to retrieve trashed emails yesterday. Ipad is really very different from the computer. I like it a lot, though. Use it everyday. Thanks.
  6. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +763 / 0
    Well, glad that you found a solution - indeed, the iPad (and iOS) is 'different' from a regular computer; hopefully, iOS 7 will bring some innovations that will draw the 'OS Universe' into closer alignment - ;) :D