What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem starting ipad2

gregghalonen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have rebooted - a few times. Seems to turn on, see cord and itunes then it shuts off. What do I try now to get this going?

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gregghalonen said:
I have rebooted - a few times. Seems to turn on, see cord and itunes then it shuts off. What do I try now to get this going?

I apologize if you've already tried this, but have you actually plugged in the iPad to a computer with iTunes installed to activate the iPad?

dan68131

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem

Ipad 2 3g 64Gig Verizon, out of the box i charged it for several hours on a wall outlet then when I connect to my Windows 7 PC, I open iTunes no problem, and push home button on the Ipad; then I see the startup screen with cord and "Itunes" icon, then it fades out. And that's it. No connection whatsoever with iTunes. Its the latest version 10.2.2.12. I have re-downloaded and "repaired" itunes. I have rebooted PC several times. Tried all the other USB ports. I have "restarted" ipad2 with home/power button 10sec hold down. All to no avail. The PC seems to know the ipad2 is there as it is listed in the "Safely Remove Devices" screen as "Apple mobile device USB driver" but there are no other details there and it does not show up on "My Computer". Yikes, I think I am screwed! Any ideas?

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dan68131 said:
Ipad 2 3g 64Gig Verizon, out of the box i charged it for several hours on a wall outlet then when I connect to my Windows 7 PC, I open iTunes no problem, and push home button on the Ipad; then I see the startup screen with cord and "Itunes" icon, then it fades out. And that's it. No connection whatsoever with iTunes. Its the latest version 10.2.2.12. I have re-downloaded and "repaired" itunes. I have rebooted PC several times. Tried all the other USB ports. I have "restarted" ipad2 with home/power button 10sec hold down. All to no avail. The PC seems to know the ipad2 is there as it is listed in the "Safely Remove Devices" screen as "Apple mobile device USB driver" but there are no other details there and it does not show up on "My Computer". Yikes, I think I am screwed! Any ideas?

Luckily your iPad 2 is within warranty period. Time to take to the apple store?

lentucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gregghalonen said:

I have the same problem. Do you need an apple computer to setup an iPad ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gregghalonen said:

I have the same problem. Do you need an apple computer to setup an iPad ?

You need either a PC or a Mac with the latest version of iTunes (which you can download for free from the Apple website). If you don't have a PC or Mac, any Apple Store will do this for you.

Tim

lentucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
You need either a PC or a Mac with the latest version of iTunes (which you can download for free from the Apple website). If you don't have a PC or Mac, any Apple Store will do this for you.

Tim

Thanks
Len

Most reactions

Latest posts