What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem solved thanks to forum

Annie29750

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi my name is Annie and this is my first post. Yesterday my iPad died - wouldn't power on at all. I went to the Apple help site - contact with an operator might cost me £25 I was informed - no thanks (not yet anyway). Next port of call was to fill in my serial number, email address and Apple would run a diagnostic test. Problem was I had to connect via iPad email, which I couldn't power up! See the dilemma? Duh I thought - must be me - surely nobody would request something so ridiculous. Anyway - long & short of it was that I found the solution on one of the forums - hold down sleep/wake and home buttons simultaneously for about 30 secs and bingo!
Thanks guys!

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Problem was I had to connect via iPad email, which I couldn't power up! See the dilemma?

I'm not sure if you know about this, but you can read/write email with your @me.com email address at iCloud's online service. Not sure if that would have done the job, but the service is available via most modern web browsers.

Most reactions

Latest posts