What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problem recognition ipad on ituns

rooren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
about a half a year ago i jailbreacked with red sn0w untherd for 4.2 firmware about a week ago i accidently shut down the power and i needed to jailbreack it again after restoring the ipad with 4.3 firmware it is stuck in some kind of DFU mode with an apple logo on the screen and when i try to connect it to my computer he is not being recognized by itune (or any other progrem) please help me :confused:

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are not in DFU mode. That is a black screen. It sounds like you need to perform a "tethered boot".
Have a look at the redsn0w tutorial sticky in this forum. It has instructions on how to do this. You should read the whole tutorial BUT the step for you is STEP 11.
You must rerun redsn0w and choose "just boot tethered right now" as the only option. Your iPad will then reboot normally.
Make sure when you do this that you have also read and applied the "Important Step" at the start of the tutorial if it is relevant to your setup.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts