What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem entering text in a 'Net forum w/iPad 2

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is one forum (FJRForum) that I'm on that I cannot enter text in. When I tap the text window, unlike other text windows that bring up the keyboard, nothing happens. This occurs with every app I've tried - Safari, Atomic Lite, Atomic full, IPB, and possibly a couple of others. These same apps work on the site with my iPhone 3GS. Any ideas?

Ipad007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in those other 3rd. party browsers, have u tried changing what the web views you as? fir ex., in atomic, u can switch from safari to ipad to windows explorer to etcc..sometimes switching that up will enable the txt box to highlight, enabling you to enter txt. i had that happen before. also try out icab browser. its really good, even better thn atomic. you can get it from the app store.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go into you options in the forum. You sometimes have a choice of text editors to use. The most problematic are the WYSWYG. No telling what they are using. Change to a HTML or Plain Text editor.

As for the iPHone vs the iPad, double check the URL's and make sure you are not being redirected on one of them.

OP
K

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, I changed Atomic to show that it was IE7, which did no good on the FJR Forum. I then looked at the forum setting and found that The following option was checked.

Enable visual (RTE) editor?
Rich Text Editor requires IE6+, Mozilla / Firefox 3.0+, Safari 4+, Google Chrome, or Opera 9+

I de-selected it, which allowed me to bring the keyboard up with the normal tap on the text window.

I didn't bother to change Atomic back to the normal iPad before coming back here to rely that one of the suggestions worked -- and found that I couldn't tap open a text window here! I chained Atomic back to the iPad standard and now it seems to work normally.

Thanks for the excellent siggestions!

Last edited:

appleeater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In other sites (yes this ipadforums.net) and Hotmail I am unable to bring up the keyboard in the Atomic browser. When I select 'Safari Desktop' it works.

But with Hotmail it is even worse: with none of the user agents I can enter text.

OP
K

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Strange. I don't use Hotmail so I can't comment, but I regularly use Atomic on ipadforums and experience no issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts