What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem downloading images onto ipad2

cloudier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sandieturner.co.uk
Hi,
I have read through various threads regarding similar problems but have found some of the solutions have worked, but I am still having problems.
It seems that if I have more than around 12 images to download onto my ipad2 when syncing via Windows 7 64bit - Window steps in with a pesky message that it is experiencing a problem and it has to close itunes.
I have dis-connected all the USB ports so that only the ipad is connected. I have uninstalled itunes and reinstalled the 10.4.1 version but this still stops halfway through my images and prevents them from downloading.
I have even tried putting them in separate folders within an ipad image folder I have created, but as soon as I tick more than two folders I get this error message from Windows and it closes itunes down.
It makes me think that maybe its something to do with the amount of working memory on the download could be a problem. I have an 8gb working ram with a terabyte of hard drive on my pc.
I am not very bios minded so can someone explain if this has happened before with anyone else's pc and if so, what was the solution.
Many thanks I hope someone can help.
Cloudier

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
after hooking up iPad to pc...do you get a popup window asking to transfer pics? which you don't need iTunes for.
If not, after hooking up iPad to pc, goto "my computer" and the iPad should show up in the list....right click....and it SHOULD give you the option to "transfer pictures".

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
C

cloudier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sandieturner.co.uk
downloading images to ipad2

Thanks for your assistance, I did try hooking up the ipad and looking for it under the My Computer, but it was not showing.
I have since tried reinstalled iTunes ver 10.4 again and I will attempt to see if the Windows pop up about downloading images comes on the screen.
It used to do with the version 10.3 but since the latest update of iTunes it seems to have stopped appearing.
I will have another go.
many thanks

OP
C

cloudier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sandieturner.co.uk
Let us know how you get on.

Tim

Thanks for your help, I uninstalled itunes ver 10.4 and then reinstalled the older version of 10.3 but Windows wouldn't accept it as it was an older version and said there was a newer version - so it looks as if I am stuck really. I have tried to keep changing the version to the 10.3 but I hit a barrier each time.
There must be some sort of bug in the itunes 10.4 version with its connection to Win7 64bit...
As an artist I need to take my pictures around to galleries and need to upload certainly more than 9 pictures and also serveral photo albums but it seems reluctant to let me upload any quantity of pictures or quantity of albums.
Any further help would be appreciated.
thanks again.
clouder

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Tim

Thanks for your help, I uninstalled itunes ver 10.4 and then reinstalled the older version of 10.3 but Windows wouldn't accept it as it was an older version and said there was a newer version - so it looks as if I am stuck really. I have tried to keep changing the version to the 10.3 but I hit a barrier each time.
There must be some sort of bug in the itunes 10.4 version with its connection to Win7 64bit...
As an artist I need to take my pictures around to galleries and need to upload certainly more than 9 pictures and also serveral photo albums but it seems reluctant to let me upload any quantity of pictures or quantity of albums.
thanks again.
clouder

There are a few photo apps that let you transfer via wifi. Have a look at portfolio from the app store.

OP
C

cloudier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sandieturner.co.uk

Tim

thanks again.
clouder

There are a few photo apps that let you transfer via wifi. Have a look at portfolio from the app store.

Thank you I will go and take a look thank you for your help
Cloudier

Most reactions

Latest posts