What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem connecting to wireless home network

colinicky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 1 which up untill a week ago has always connected to my home wireless network (Sky) with no problems but now it says it is connected (little wireless symbol full strength) but will not access the internet etc .If I go into the settings then I have it set on DHCP which to my knowledge it has always been on but the IP Address is not correct for the sky router, the Subnet Mask is also different .
I have an old ipod touch that still connects everytime as does my phone & they ip & subnet on those match the router .
Any ideas please ?
TIA
Colin

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Might be worth going into the Settings App, choosing wifi, then your network then choose to forget your network. Once this is done go back in and join the network as if from new.

The Archangel

OP
C

colinicky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried that thanks but still no joy. Have tried it using my mobile phone as a hub via mobile broadband & it works fine so the ipad works with others, the sky router works with other but they will not work together !

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
colinicky said:
Tried that thanks but still no joy. Have tried it using my mobile phone as a hub via mobile broadband & it works fine so the ipad works with others, the sky router works with other but they will not work together !

Have you tried rebooting your router?

The Archangel

OP
C

colinicky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thans for the link . Unfortunately that is not the problem either. Have managed to overcome it by entering the correct ip & subnet address in the "Static" tab of the network settings, Don't know why it comes up with the wrong ones in "DHCP" though .

Most reactions

Latest posts