What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem advancing slide in Keynote

tangoguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have imported a PowerPoint presentation from my Wintel machine, and it doesn't always advance when I tap or swipe the screen. When it is stuck, it won't go backwards either. The screen response seems fine as I type this message, and the instructional presentation acted fine. I can only get to thet next slide by double tapping to edit mode and choosing the next slide on the left index bar. Thet presentation is about 7 MB in 14 slides. I've removed all the animation I can find in the presentation (did that before I importing it). Can't think of what else to try.

icebun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a similar problem when the .ppt file came from a Windows PC.

If you can connect your iPad to an external monitor, when you run the slideshow, you will see green and red icons on the iPad screen. It's there to indicate when the next slide is ready to be used next.

Nothing wrong, just loading times.

Bimjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Assuming you are using pictures to get a file that large with so few slides, you could try resizing the pics to the size they need to be before you place them in the slides. That should reduce the presentation file size and make the presentation work better.

hth

OP
T

tangoguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I found that the main problem could be seen when I edited the animation of the slide show. I had tried to eliminate all animation, but something persisted. When I clicked on the edit animation button (in upper right of edit screen), some of my slides showed a golden triangle on their lower left corner. Touching such a slide would bring up a tag at right that said "None", meaning no animation associated with it; however, next to "None" was a Greater Than sign, which opens a window with two tabs. The Effects tab shows None, but the Options tab would show a "Start Transition" option with "After Previous Transition" instead of "On Tap". In addition, the Delay was set to long times, like 85 seconds. Making the delay 0, and starting after tap solved my problem.

Most reactions