Probably USER error but...

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by beavery, Jul 6, 2011.

1. beavery

beavery iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Ok here goes, I am a total noob to this jb thing, so when comex reopened jbme earlier today I proceeded to jb my iPad. I already had some experience with Cydia as I had jbn my i4 with RedSn0w(?) on the previous night.

On the iPhone I have been using the 'continue queuing' Orion with no problems unless I click cancel and had to start again.

On my iPad however, my queue keeps randomly blanking out. This has happened sooo many times now I am getting frustrated.

Is there any way to avoid this, besides going install and confirm for every single tweet/upgrade/etc I wish to install.

Thank you in advance for any assistance given :)

EDIT: I'm reading elsewhere that Cydia is having issues with downloads, probably due to high volume users. Could this be what I am experiencing?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,053 / 0
    It may be that Cydia is just having it rough right now - it's probably getting hammered with all the new jail breakers out there.

So, my suggestion is, wait 'til later, when it's not so congested (yeah, right! :D), or just queue a couple at a time. Yeah, it's a pain, but I think that's the price to pay with accessing a VERY popular site right now.

Good luck.

Marilyn

P.S. But yes, Cydia usually lets you queue lots of stuff (though I've had stuff UNqueue before). If this persists after a while (days ... weeks ... when the frenzy has died down), please re-post about it. Thanks.

3. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +636 / 0
    Yes, I can confirm queueing too much is not wise on a day when a new JB method is released. Just go one or two at a time for a few days...