What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private messages ... Private pics ???

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope this is the right place in the forums guidelines to post on a topic
that is set by the forum . If I have done so , my apologies , and will correct .
My Q is we (members) and the forum , have a provided category for
"PRIVATE MESSAGE'S" but is there a way to send a Pic or Photo to another
Member in private ? I call myself as being thorough in locating a catagory in settings,
Or in the forums directory but to no avail. Two conclusions I've come up with why there isn't ( and very well could be wrong , I ain't proud), is either a photo is to big of an input ,
And possibly can't be monitored for whatever reason , or two, might create a conflict
Between all three , the sender , the one receiving , and the forum itself. Any answers ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope this is the right place in the forums guidelines to post on a topic
that is set by the forum . If I have done so , my apologies , and will correct .
My Q is we (members) and the forum , have a provided category for
"PRIVATE MESSAGE'S" but is there a way to send a Pic or Photo to another
Member in private ? I call myself as being thorough in locating a catagory in settings,
Or in the forums directory but to no avail. Two conclusions I've come up with why there isn't ( and very well could be wrong , I ain't proud), is either a photo is to big of an input ,
And possibly can't be monitored for whatever reason , or two, might create a conflict
Between all three , the sender , the one receiving , and the forum itself. Any answers ?
You can add a photo to a private message by tapping the upload a file button, just like adding photos to public forum posts.

OP
A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I'll be , it never occurred to me ! Thank you scifan57, it's not ,a too
Terrible question I hope. But the reason I would even ask or use is that
A lot of members are new to the forum ,well myself anyway ,and sometimes I find it's difficult in establishing a mentor if you will , from ones who have been on the forum longer , and already knows a lot about a lot of I pad related , Internet , apps ,and most important all the things that you shouldn't do .its inspiring to the new ones or myself as an example ,,, who has a lot in common with or without the forum as the introduction key. Sorta on a more personal level , than just a gathering
Place to hack out through words and a avatar to go by. So for me a picture is worth a million words, and if with some permissions from those who are more knowledgable , a pic can describe what a problem might be , if one doesn't know exactly him/herself to even form words to describe . Well am glad to learn this thanks again scifan most helpful .
Did the thought of you sending me a pic on where in forum and how to do cross your mind .....huhuhuhaha now that would have been good funny . A pic can really start the day great for some !!!!!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some screenshots to help with your private messaging.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow man . Thanks . Sincerely .thanks for taking the time to compile this info . This is great ,,, made my day .see how this works . You've laid it out perfect . I did as you so instructed on the opening thread. Perhaps while you were compiling . And it sent successfully. But not in vain .
I didn't know the steps as you have laid out and had to enter the recipients name then followed your instructions. I like the tapping on the
avatar much better . Man ....... That's why you are here and knowledgeable and this is why I'm here and learning the knowledge
Appreciate you sci . Thanks , later MUCHACHO....

OP
A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh by the way scifan57 that was fast as hell what you compiled together
Screenshots , annotatations , pics , chronological order, execute....
It would take me ..ummmm lets just say a way way longer time. So I wanted to compliment you on your expedient way around your I pad
TOUCHÉ AND BRAVO

Most reactions

Latest posts