What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private browsing .. Not so private !

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found out that with Ios5 if you go on Facebook, it will be shown in your Bookmark History even if you are using Private Browsing.
As anyone discovered other occurences when your internet websites visits have been showing in your Bookmark History when on Private browsing ?
As anyone found out how to configure your ipad in order to eliminate any web sites visits showing in your history, as private browsing meant to me.
Thanks for your cooperation.

tombuchanan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Similar problem here. Even in private browsing mode, simple Google searches will appear in the History folder. This doesn't qualify as private browsing if data is left behind. Apple needs to fix this.

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I cant understand how they can call it private browsing when the tabs you were looking at before you closed Safari are still showing when you reopen Safari next time

AppleGUYzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed... same problem here. I would consider this a critical error.

jgm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have experienced the same. It looks as something Apple has to fixed. For the moment, before exiting SAFARI, i suggest you to close all the open tabs. If not, anyone opening SAFARI after you will be able, using the back button, to find out what sites you visited. Pretty private ;)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does the privacy option slow down browsing. I wouldn't mind using it otherwise.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
as far as I can remember Private browsing on mobile safari is not the same as the desktop private browsing. Your device will still show history and things like that. Its more like turning on "do not track" where it will request websites requesting that the websites do not track you. It is then up to the website server to obey the request and not log any information about you.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:
as far as I can remember Private browsing on mobile safari is not the same as the desktop private browsing. Your device will still show history and things like that. Its more like turning on "do not track" where it will request websites requesting that the websites do not track you. It is then up to the website server to obey the request and not log any information about you.

Hmmmmm. I am sure they obey...

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's pretty cool, Kaykaykay! Knowing me there would be about 100 pics of me, because I would surely forget the passcode!

Lol. Well, if you ever got the app open, you could store all those photos in the app and lock them up, too.

Matrixboy303

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andy Loba said:
I just found out that with Ios5 if you go on Facebook, it will be shown in your Bookmark History even if you are using Private Browsing.
As anyone discovered other occurences when your internet websites visits have been showing in your Bookmark History when on Private browsing ?
As anyone found out how to configure your ipad in order to eliminate any web sites visits showing in your history, as private browsing meant to me.
Thanks for your cooperation.

Private browsing does that other people cant track you

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Matrixboy303 said:
Private browsing does that other people cant track you

Nope, it only makes it so when it's on, it does not store cookies, data, or history.

On the subject, I've noticed that if you quit the browser (home button), and then reopen, the history will appear there from you last session.

Sent from K48

Matrixboy303

iPF Noob
Reaction score
biobunny said:
Nope, it only makes it so when it's on, it does not store cookies, data, or history.

On the subject, I've noticed that if you quit the browser (home button), and then reopen, the history will appear there from you last session.

Sent from K48

Thank you .... I didnt knowing that

Most reactions